testtest

More guns lol and where to sell????

OkiePewPew

Staff member
Hey guys.
This is not a sales thread. NO sales in the Forum.
———
Got another couple of guns to look at for a bit and try to sell for my MIL. Two are Saturday Night Specials, a Taurus and a S&W. Both are practically unused with great bluing. The 3rd is a Browning 25acp. It’s so cute. Perfect condition also, with box, manual, and warranty card.

So, where do I sell these guys. What do you think about values? I’ve used Armslist in the past with good success and am leaning towards paying the fees and going for it.
I’m trying to keep the Colt in the family, but with the possible value they may want to sell it :-(.
D5024242-F180-43B1-96B6-3981EC6E3EA3.jpeg4297BBF8-1ED0-42FD-9412-B6997F609ACA.jpeg

Finding the right trustworthy buyer may best be from word of mouth. Many good deals can be had by the same method. Keeping track of record of sales for 10 years, one might be at ease of selling to a stranger.

How comfortable can one be releasing a firearm to an unknown FFL on behalf of an unknown buyer by means of auction? I’ve never dealt with GB for anything but magazines.

Does going thru a known LGS sale or consign have any benefit and reduce liability should a former firearm end up in the careless hands of a new owner?

We all will one day be in a predicament to sell off unneeded items, LGS consignment is the easiest method but may take a long time to collect for the average handgun. Some ordinary used stuff is as as expensive as new-in-box. A quick over the counter sale will yield the lowest possible return. Anything over what you paid for it is a win but probably not going to happen unless it’s a genuine collector piece.

I can only fear that my worldly possessions might will wind up with a lazy, non-2A relative that will dispose my inheritance to a gubmint turn-in gift card program.
Maybe a stipulation in the will or trust would be advisable.

I personally wouldn't sell a gun to a perfect stranger without a FFL involved unless it was someone I knew wasn't a felon. That's not to cover my butt because frankly the law says you have to knowingly sell it to a felon, rather it's just because no one wants terrible people running around with guns you sold them.

That said I wouldn't ask a friend or someone I knew to go through an FFL.

I have bought more than one gun off cops cash and carry.

Back