testtest

Mossberg Shockwave Versus Remington Tac 14

I would really like to have one of these . My pick would be the Mossberg Shockwave. It holds 1 more round than the Tac-14 , you can get a green laser side saddle mount for it , and the safety is on top.

Having grown up hunting with a Remington model 31 pump .12 GA I've pretty much been a Remington fan all my life but I just really like the looks of the Shockwave.

I may be biased since I have owned Mossberg 500s for pretty much my entire adult life. I also dislike how the bolt and everything comes out of the 870 when you remove the forend, although that does make it a bit easier to get to doesn't it. Given the QC issues out of modern day Remington, I'm not sure how these stack up to the older 870s either.

Really I think they're both probably good guns and I wouldn't be afraid to run either one. I have to give the slight edge to the Mossberg for capacity and the location of the safety ( which I think is perfect). Although I would almost definitely pull the stupid strapped corncob forend and put a Magpul on it.

I have/am giving serious consideration to picking one of these up. Mostly because I see some utility in a 12 gauge with a 14" barrel. As usual though I'm like Doug in the animated Pixar film " Up". "Squirrel". In the next couple weeks I'm going to get one of those Black Aces 18.5" semi autos. They come with a "Raptor" grip AND a full stock. I haven't decided if I'll go with the walnut stock or the synthetic. The capacity is 6+1. For $400 it's impossible for me to say no. I ought to buy about 6 of them and give them out as Christmas presents. By the way, I know a guy who bought one and it runs flawlessly. Obviously I would mod it a little bit. ;-)

I have the 20 gauge and like it. For those who have one I have been told by some the saddle laser is NOT available for the 20 only the 12 and then some say yes it is. The website only lists the 12 as far as I can determine.

I have both in the detachable magazine models. Remington makes mags in capacities of 3 & 6 rounds (I have 3 - 6 rounders), and mossberg in 5,10,15,20,& 25 I believe (I have 2 - 10 & 2 -5 rounders). I also have the green laser sidesaddle for both. I was eventually planning on getting the Remington Tac13 semi Auto, but who knows where that’s heading with the Remington reshuffle.

I loved the concept of 12 gauge "firearms", so I picked up several when they were released. I purchased the Shockwave, the Tac-14 DM (Detachable Magazine), and the Tac-14 Hardwood. While I really wish they had picked a different name, the Tac-14 Hardwood is a beautiful firearm and has a magazine extension which gives it the same capacity as the Shockwave. I like that the Shockwave can accept the Opsol adapter for mini shells, but I also like the Tac-14 DM's magazines.

I don't feel much difference between the firearms when shooting. I think most shooters will probably make the decision based on their preferred interface in full-sized shotguns. If you love the safety on the Mossberg 500/590, you will probably prefer the Shockwave. 870 Devotees will probably prefer the Tac-14, but I would highly recommend getting a model with the magazine tube extension.

I may be biased since I have owned Mossberg 500s for pretty much my entire adult life. I also dislike how the bolt and everything comes out of the 870 when you remove the forend, although that does make it a bit easier to get to doesn't it. Given the QC issues out of modern day Remington, I'm not sure how these stack up to the older 870s either.

Really I think they're both probably good guns and I wouldn't be afraid to run either one. I have to give the slight edge to the Mossberg for capacity and the location of the safety ( which I think is perfect). Although I would almost definitely pull the stupid strapped corncob forend and put a Magpul on it.

I have/am giving serious consideration to picking one of these up. Mostly because I see some utility in a 12 gauge with a 14" barrel. As usual though I'm like Doug in the animated Pixar film " Up". "Squirrel". In the next couple weeks I'm going to get one of those Black Aces 18.5" semi autos. They come with a "Raptor" grip AND a full stock. I haven't decided if I'll go with the walnut stock or the synthetic. The capacity is 6+1. For $400 it's impossible for me to say no. I ought to buy about 6 of them and give them out as Christmas presents. By the way, I know a guy who bought one and it runs flawlessly. Obviously I would mod it a little bit. ;-)

I have handled and shot both the Remington and the Mossberg pumps extensively. :cautious: I was under impressed until Remington brought out their V3 TAC 13. Those we have two of equipped with lasers and they are very much part of our home defense plans and training. Semi auto is certainly the way to go for this configuration of firearm.:love:

I would be interested in hearing about your experience with the Black Aces once you have had a chance to work them out. :unsure:

The Mossberg Hardwood Shockwave "NightStick" is also a fine looking Firearm. I don't have one, but would like to get one. :sneaky:

I was always interested in the NightStick, but could never find one in-stock within my price range. This was before the market exploded. I have no idea what a new NightStick would go for in my area these days.

I have a .410 Shockwave. It’s quite a handy little blaster, and a lot more effective than I anticipated; the Federal 4-pellet OOO load keeps all 4 pellets in a silhouette out to 25 yards...

I like it because it can actually be aimed, not just held at the hip and pointed in the general direction of the target.

BTW, I should have included that if I were to buy a tactical shotgun, it's only application would be Eastern Sierra and Rocky Mountain camp bear defense. I would not use any long gun for home defense. It's so simple to disarm a person of a long gun in close quarters that even a caveman can do it.

Back