testtest

MTM Ammo crates ROCK!!! Change my mind...

Maybe if I was just getting started...but considering how many ammo cans I have, doesn’t make sense to start over...

Also, they would get pretty heavy; 100# of ammo would be a bit much to lift at a time.
Mine are pure storage. No need to move them unless I move. A 2 wheel dolly can handle a stack filled with whatever you have in it.

I may have to transition my pro-sound equipment into some of these cases - microphone cables, microphones, speaker and power cables... Right now I use the "sturdiest" boxes I can find from places like Lowe's or package stores, but after about a season or season and a half of touring...they're shot. These...look like they'd make an excellent replacement.

And having "AMMO CRATE" emblazoned on them would certainly mark them as MINE, for easier identification at (and after) gigs when I need to find something fast, or it's time to pack up and go the hell home after the show!
These are great for ANYTHING for sure!!!

I may have to transition my pro-sound equipment into some of these cases - microphone cables, microphones, speaker and power cables... Right now I use the "sturdiest" boxes I can find from places like Lowe's or package stores, but after about a season or season and a half of touring...they're shot. These...look like they'd make an excellent replacement.

And having "AMMO CRATE" emblazoned on them would certainly mark them as MINE, for easier identification at (and after) gigs when I need to find something fast, or it's time to pack up and go the hell home after the show!
P.S. The ammo can label is just a sticker that you can peel off if need be.

Cheaper than road cases. Of which I have thousands of dollars invested in. These crates won’t offer anywhere near the level of protection though. I’m not too worried about XLRs and spare cabling, but I have thousands of dollars worth of mics.

Cheaper than road cases. Of which I have thousands of dollars invested in. These crates won’t offer anywhere near the level of protection though. I’m not too worried about XLRs and spare cabling, but I have thousands of dollars worth of mics.
I got totes from Walmart for storage in the camper. Black bottom, yellow top, all different sizes and stackable. Very sturdy and lockable if needed and very inexpensive.

I got totes from Walmart for storage in the camper. Black bottom, yellow top, all different sizes and stackable. Very sturdy and lockable if needed and very inexpensive.

With expensive gear that gets thrown in and out of trailers constantly nothing worthy is cheap. I spent more on the road case for my mixing console than most bar bands spend on a mixing console.

I don't have any of MTM's ammo cases but I do have some of their TMC-15 magazine cases.

That case can hold up to fifteen AR-15 20 - 30 round magazines. They can be triple padlocked, there are double latches, they have a reinforced handle, the inside of the top lip has an o-ring to seal the case and they include 15 ridged precut slots in the bottom foam padding.

https://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shooting/tactical-magazine-can.php

I don't have any of MTM's ammo cases but I do have some of their TMC-15 magazine cases.

That case can hold up to fifteen AR-15 20 - 30 round magazines. They can be triple padlocked, there are double latches, they have a reinforced handle, the inside of the top lip has an o-ring to seal the case and they include 15 ridged precut slots in the bottom foam padding.

https://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shooting/tactical-magazine-can.php
Those are nice too. Mostly all their stuff is nice. American made also..

But that's a 30 cal can. Cant fit much more than 15/20 pounds in the metal cans either. The bigger ones hold more.
You must not have much experience with 30cal ammo cans, a 1000 rds weight a lot more then 15-20 lbs.

You must not have much experience with 30cal ammo cans, a 1000 rds weight a lot more then 15-20 lbs.
True, roughly 30 pounds will fit in a metal can. I personally own the 30 MTM can & it'll hold well over the stated 15 pounds. Even those cheap plano 30 cans hold 25+ pounds. But to each there own.✌

Back