testtest

Must-Have Gear for Your Backcountry Backpack Hunt

Decent article with good info. Obviously lots of opinion on gear choices and brands.

Most important thing I believe is trial and error in a series of shirt learning experiences. Buy good quality gear and test it, and you, out on small to longer more intense trips to find out what you are capable, what you need, what works for you, and what does not.

@Sld1959 is spot on.

If you're not in shape better do a lot of work getting into shape before going back in remote areas. Train with gradual increasing weight in your backpack and finish off the last few weeks with the same weight that you'll be packing. That includes your firearm or bow & support gear.

If you don't want to backpack go with an outfitter since you'll ride in, but outfitters cost $$.

The outfitters will pack your gear in & out and anything your harvest. Otherwise you'll make multiple trips in & out to get your gear & meat out.

If you live at lower elevations you'll feel the low 02 levels when going up high. If you can stage at a location to acclimate for a few days that will help.

@Sld1959 is spot on.

If you're not in shape better do a lot of work getting into shape before going back in remote areas. Train with gradual increasing weight in your backpack and finish off the last few weeks with the same weight that you'll be packing. That includes your firearm or bow & support gear.

If you don't want to backpack go with an outfitter since you'll ride in, but outfitters cost $$.

The outfitters will pack your gear in & out and anything your harvest. Otherwise you'll make multiple trips in & out to get your gear & meat out.

If you live at lower elevations you'll feel the low 02 levels when going up high. If you can stage at a location to acclimate for a few days that will help.
Agree 100% on altitude issues.

When I was in my mid-20’s, I lived in Boulder CO, elevation 5500’; I wasn’t super active, just normal…my sister, who was a hard-core athlete (college basketball, track, etc..) came to visit and I could walk her into the ground.

Altitude is a beach…

Sorry Mike, but these days I only hike around in Kroger, Target, and Walmart.
1672682687026.png

Ok so full disclosure I had to look that word up so my take is I don’t believe you to be close to being Goth but overthrowing the Roman Empire I see you leading the charge. 🫢😵‍💫🫣😂😂😂
Well, goth today is not even close to Goth from antiquity. Nevertheless I agree with your assessment. Goths are not even in my top 10 favorite historical figures. Not even the top 5 European historical figures. Visigoth sounds cool though. I suppose I can relate more to Spartans, Rus or maybe a killer for Alexander The Great, even if history shows he really wasn't all that great. :)

Well, goth today is not even close to Goth from antiquity. Nevertheless I agree with your assessment. Goths are not even in my top 10 favorite historical figures. Not even the top 5 European historical figures. Visigoth sounds cool though. I suppose I can relate more to Spartans, Rus or maybe a killer for Alexander The Great, even if history shows he really wasn't all that great. :)
All that being said………

Visigoth does have a kick … ring to it. 😂😂

Back