testtest

Must-Have Spice Blends That Culinary Experts Swear By

True. My challenge is that I try to adhere to a variant of the paleo diet, whereas my wife loves garbage, so I'm often tempted/challenged. It's a good test of my resolve.
The only salt I ever use or add to food is Himilayan Pink Salt. It still has it's natural minerals and tastes so much better. I also take a shot of Sole every morning to replenish what was lost during sleep. Salt, along with fat and cholesterol, has been demonized in the past, but we couldn't live or optimally function without them. Nature has it figured out but we've gotten too far away from it.

I rarely eat at restaurants because of some of the food out there being semi questionable and palatable, especially fast food joints. On the basic food groups, they're usually good to go. Spices and some natural additives can help shake them up and offer some variety and different flavors too. Yup, on natural fats. We need them to help absorb nutrients into the body. Artificial fats and oils haven't really cut it when doing that so far. Protein poisoning can result w/o natural fats. Meats too lean can be as rough as the alternative too. 1/4" layer was considered normal for many years for good reason because of that.

The demonetization comes and goes like the wind depending on who's pushing what usually overly biased agenda at the time. Olean or 10W30 motor oil or the incredible edible egg pro's and con's may come to mind? Ma Nature has provided us very well if we all choose to listen and take care of her garden? Straying from her examples can lead to many unforeseen issues with artificial additives.

Balancing out anything is a big key and dietary concerns can be a challenge. The basics are hard to beat when fresh or frozen. Hadn't heard of the Paleo diet, so looked it up. Is interesting at it's origins and requirements.

I rarely eat at restaurants because of some of the food out there being semi questionable and palatable, especially fast food joints. On the basic food groups, they're usually good to go. Spices and some natural additives can help shake them up and offer some variety and different flavors too. Yup, on natural fats. We need them to help absorb nutrients into the body. Artificial fats and oils haven't really cut it when doing that so far. Protein poisoning can result w/o natural fats. Meats too lean can be as rough as the alternative too. 1/4" layer was considered normal for many years for good reason because of that.

The demonetization comes and goes like the wind depending on who's pushing what usually overly biased agenda at the time. Olean or 10W30 motor oil or the incredible edible egg pro's and con's may come to mind? Ma Nature has provided us very well if we all choose to listen and take care of her garden? Straying from her examples can lead to many unforeseen issues with artificial additives.

Balancing out anything is a big key and dietary concerns can be a challenge. The basics are hard to beat when fresh or frozen. Hadn't heard of the Paleo diet, so looked it up. Is interesting at it's origins and requirements.

You're absolutely right. We've been misinformed over the years and food and health has been corrupted. One simple, basic, rule is to flip the old school food pyramid upside down and work from there. I've seen some great documentaries that show how food, nutrition and the idea of healthy eating, was essentially destroyed by the government and the sugar lobby when they demonized fats in the 70's. There's a lot that goes into it that I simply don't have time to spell out, but the name SAD (standard American diet) is perfectly fitting.
That said, to clarify, I do a hybrid paleo/keto type diet because I still eat dairy and a few other restricted foods from each. Basically, as @BobM said, mother nature gives us what we need, but we stopped listening to her a long time ago. We've separated ourselves from nature as though we're not a part of it; we should work to get closer and build a stronger relationship with her.
And, to stay on topic and to not stray from the OP, butter is my favorite spice. Kinda like Frank's, I put that ish on everything!

I'll use fresh herbs from my gardens in the summer, such as basil, chives, and garlic. In addition, I'll sprinkle some seasonings on top. Seasonings are a favourite of mine. Although making your own is preferable, using prepackaged seasoning is much easier. Plus, it tastes much better, in my opinion. Some seasonings are simply impossible to replicate. Many people tell me that I must make my seasoning for my steak, but I find that store-bought marinade tastes much better.

I'll use fresh herbs from my gardens in the summer, such as basil, chives, and garlic. In addition, I'll sprinkle some seasonings on top. Seasonings are a favourite of mine. Although making your own is preferable, using prepackaged seasoning is much easier. Plus, it tastes much better, in my opinion. Some seasonings are simply impossible to replicate. Many people tell me that I must make my seasoning for my steak, but I find that store-bought marinade tastes much better.
I have also used prepackaged seasoning its easier lol!

Back