testtest

My first Garand - A snipah

This is what Scott Duff has posted on his web page: "As all M1D rifles were rebuilt rifles, the receiver may be of any manufacture and of any serial number produced prior to the date of the rebuild. The same applies to the individual components, any part made prior to the date of the rebuild is correct. All M1D barrels were made by Springfield Armory. The earliest observed M1D barrel is dated 5-51. M1D barrels have been counterfeited and merit carefully examination. Nearly all M1D barrels were stamped with drawing number D7312555. M1D barrels manufactured through the fall of 1952 had the drawing number stamped on the top, underneath the rear hand guard. M1D barrels manufactured after the fall of 1952 had the drawing number stamped on the right side, adjacent to the date."

Here's a wartime M1 barrel for comparison. Notice there is no raised metal around these letters.

1666051738111.png

Chill? I'm extremely chill...

Only one manufacturer was making barrels into the late 40s. Springfield armory.
Yes, chill. Multiple members have tried to ‘agree to disagree’ with you and you continue to insist that your opinion is gods word. You may be right or wrong on your facts but when you continue to argue the same point a half dozen different ways it’s called being argumentative, which is against forum rules.

Yes, chill. Multiple members have tried to ‘agree to disagree’ with you and you continue to insist that your opinion is gods word. You may be right or wrong on your facts but when you continue to argue the same point a half dozen different ways it’s called being argumentative, which is against forum rules.
Talking about m1Ds here.

Argumentative and posting information supporting your facts is two different things especially if someone else posts something that is lacking info or just plain wrong.

That's called a discussion. No names are being called or attacking anyone. Just simply posting data and counterpoints.

Talking about m1Ds here.

Argumentative and posting information supporting your facts is two different things especially if someone else posts something that is lacking info or just plain wrong.

That's called a discussion. No names are being called or attacking anyone. Just simply posting data and counterpoints.
My post wasn’t an invitation for rebuttal. It was an instruction.

Back