testtest

My Hellcat day at the range

it ain't health issues, as much as it is..OLD AGE.

you climb loads of stairs, day in and day out, let me know when you've had enough
How old ? I am 66 . At 60 I had Quad bypass. I can run up those stairs . Have you had your heart checked in a stress test? Seriously since that surgery I have energy like a kid . Fortunately I didn't have a heart attack before the operation . I should be dead according to the Surgeon . Now I have all this new outlook . Before that I wasn't sick , but I was becoming a drag butt . My legs used to feel extra tired . I used to think I'd worked out to hard . It's probably the working out that spared me the heart attack I should have had . I didn't know I had blockage. I just figured it was age catching up

Last edited:
How old ? I am 66 . At 60 I had Quad bypass. I can run up those stairs . Have you had your heart checked in a stress test? Seriously since that surgery I have energy like a kid . Fortunately I didn't have a heart attack before the operation . I should be dead according to the Surgeon . Now I have all this new outlook . Before that I wasn't sick , but I was becoming a drag butt .
70 something + a few more

other than 2 carpal tunnel, 4 back surgeries, hernias, not much else i want to volunteer for.

i also own an 1860, 3 family historic home in my city, so from basement to 3rd floor, something like 45 stairs to climb on some days, and more than once a day.....some days.

looking forward to the day when everything is on 1 level, and only a 1 family home.

70 something + a few more

other than 2 carpal tunnel, 4 back surgeries, hernias, not much else i want to volunteer for.

i also own an 1860, 3 family historic home in my city, so from basement to 3rd floor, something like 45 stairs to climb on some days, and more than once a day.....some days.

looking forward to the day when everything is on 1 level, and only a 1 family home.
I hear yah there . I have a 3 story home that I built myself 20 years ago. At the time I had 4 of 5 kids at home . Today I have none . So it's way more room then we need. Buttttttttttttt I lucked out in 1996 I found 40 acres of good dry land for $12,500 . I slowly built a nice steel target range . Located so I can open the door of my Pole Garage and shoot in the rain /Snow . It's set up for rifle/Gun . These days I don't shoot rifle's very often.

4 years ago they built this resort /Golf course right across the street . I'm close to the back nine . So there's 200 yards of woods to block the view . But I can't hold shooting matches like I used to . Nobody has complained . I just don't need the police coming by because someone reported a war happening LOL . Good talking / Have a Great New Year

I hear yah there . I have a 3 story home that I built myself 20 years ago. At the time I had 4 of 5 kids at home . Today I have none . So it's way more room then we need. Buttttttttttttt I lucked out in 1996 I found 40 acres of good dry land for $12,500 . I slowly built a nice steel target range . Located so I can open the door of my Pole Garage and shoot in the rain /Snow . It's set up for rifle/Gun . These days I don't shoot rifle's very often.

4 years ago they built this resort /Golf course right across the street . I'm close to the back nine . So there's 200 yards of woods to block the view . But I can't hold shooting matches like I used to . Nobody has complained . I just don't need the police coming by because someone reported a war happening LOL . Good talking / Have a Great New Year
well mine is not for 1 family. each level has an apartment, meaning 3 families live here., or 2 others, beside the Mrs and me.

so i get rent from the 2 families that live here.

and being the owner/landlord, i have to do things, minor things, before i have to call in the pro's.

always something to do for an old house.

it ain't health issues, as much as it is..OLD AGE.

you climb loads of stairs, day in and day out, let me know when you've had enough.

I'll be 69 in a week. I do 3 miles three days a week and 5 miles 2 days a week on a treadmill at a 10 degree incline,
granted im not going fast only 3mph but i does help me keep in shape. I also do medium weight weight training on the 2 mile treadmill days.

I'll be 69 in a week. I do 3 miles three days a week and 5 miles 2 days a week on a treadmill at a 10 degree incline,
granted im not going fast only 3mph but i does help me keep in shape. I also do medium weight weight training on the 2 mile treadmill days.
Ever try a peddle bike ? The New thing is electric ones . But you really have to go fast to get exercise that way . My problem is smoking . Even though I've quit many times . I have never totally given it up. I've lifted weights and been really active all my life . Which is probably why I didn't die or have a major heart attack. The artery called the Widow maker was 93% blocked . The other 3 were all in the 60's . The Surgeon told me I should have been dead 2 years before the Bypass. God's obviously keeping me alive for someone in my future .

yeah, when the weather is good, i go to a school/public track and do at least 1 mile 4 days a week. ( i skip a day in between)

Ever try a peddle bike ? The New thing is electric ones . But you really have to go fast to get exercise that way . My problem is smoking . Even though I've quit many times . I have never totally given it up. I've lifted weights and been really active all my life . Which is probably why I didn't die or have a major heart attack. The artery called the Widow maker was 93% blocked . The other 3 were all in the 60's . The Surgeon told me I should have been dead 2 years before the Bypass. God's obviously keeping me alive for someone in my future .
just don't get a Peloton, people die ON THEM..>!!!!!

People die on Football fields to. I wonder if that guy was up on his shots ?
they got shots for not dying on a field now..???

sheesh.......i should buy stock in pharmaceuticals.

everything has danger(s) to them.

one goes in knowing this, and takes thier chances.

can't live a sheltered life.

I did do some bike riding years ago but we have a very nicely setup home gym with a twin stack weight machine which will allow me to do over 50 different exercises and a standard type treadmill that works just fine and some other equipment. i like that i can just do it anytime i want then get in our home steam room and shower combination.
I usually sit in the steam for 30 minutes then take a cool shower.

Hey @Old_Me,

Did you ever get your new trigger out to the range? This curious 65 year old noob wants to know how you like it. 😉

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
yes, it was a vast improvement, here are before/after pics

l_WSixCaxFfSyp8DhPqiZuBb6JH2Jvgv3lbmi0wdLMGhkcoSeSp5iV71cmH0jdYDwnh7wGSpye6Wl4ThmBSPu5BaVjO1-1vhPaJhotDmZjnO3QKblbQtxnjkSFf9ZnW4ReuEAFLHtOTSUuDQewvDcoSDM4P0NmaVh1mvwdCiVS4F1ft8Et2hNUIs1DP__OXCR8AYj-56XdRUOcRVSnRpWAy9A2ogZwquCDO3kPGIGCdYf4Z5UA-y3-Qr8i__zCe0nOg0gKZO2t5169eNopPoarxw6uJsjCkwXwlDRVrI5KiDQkOCmps37bBiHfPDsE8rt14I9CFM7kZ-aj6sESLhaRQm9smq2Ot2QpuXof40nMfakTtG0A5ExDO0oHHwRlnS7zz8o-2lTAgkFo1yW8MytQy3G3zkEF6Dy2Xy1p6sA0HjCm1bj36xlO9Z_wjoHBP-nyXcsCyTwt5_mCPm3SMNX7JKOQxZfSCfi4-U-ze6nAG0HxVqpFJOJX9wPjPJu_nxNTAsyamGidLShiUPipOZ1abwOYCZTdD4Z2CjcfVVK5ntHmO9UAVo4Sbd6lrEPhIG8YPF_XXsIp7wLNrr9gR2O_P3tucDTOnuFCOZmmaSptWiQbnF2rSbyqA2nuEcrqGfAQyxwKkT3SaNdhkqNVMXyWRyQ-2YLUswiNQVbjlY14wqLFySJB_wpps7tGGWEFVEml_f93xpPc6-ARwNRKPjg7OWjANK9_B5-dVW-0xAjEr5UyOn3nkf64D0fVsoRA50i7FrMFOTPnrMu8iMrrlH9Yi8nYYF3Upm7zoDsqqQsZq8ROe0W9HUrIiYSjx8CY9Spp5-j-llKNhHCSpeb1qCveen0miam5Zbu3JDyAo7REnXTcmHLgGP8103lxiSvo_N-fhemHSVP_a3yed7dsQbaxYqw5zAKRsNxdISvTGCk3AobIKf=w1250-h937-no

XgJcpoYDlTPEIBxwskznvTeyhj9hn41N_OXY-KCDbUYVT-BTFkDYnpnNJLhZDNuaS4-XT7DxWWv4sG5Xsxp3du__DJgw-QrLLRZGEWxa16RoClpfThMvPElr3d3hT8Pwm_agpbnIkR00u3BodeSLSxf0Kor1ri4feYWZwMivWfE_xpdzS4xkcNEod8gYVXxJIIp2CzlMSmVaGeywOuy3NNQxsAo3TRV4TaJ_xqtV3F4Cx-5IqDvNamWUa1H4AwrB875AE8H-YOngmBVz4uLqgxV0DXl6Q0U0OMTiUBC2wMgCGQZiQvQfOp8av4a8sySsFw0GNl0pRdFTVfaso1Aqb-n5HEqY17eMhcrslB_xrIBlYg_ikbJltJ09x0JeVzhh9LZspOIMLUehnzixRafCi1OyrCxG3krnbtdj3frXQmJzxCyQOicwOmsD4lBWXm10nqmpY914OXtWEYIaUL6-2nGMbZDu8A5n-7ZUl9Om2DJdZgylGjzWay_j0UgREUU0KtPXiMkpyXTYaoX8Aj7FTNAnqdQwWZQpc_-u4wzLxmBKY0BUB5wCi92rxCNnOcKMee4Q2U-o9cUayiCBqtmvB_sj518CCG6ir_b5c0Cm3SIhL5ceqflZHtCXdG6EZHFe7ryxGvLWSy7VbnodCCfSsFOaQM9-AfbyQHLWlYAs9di5svApbX2m5-X9QadQzAFHi-pSIZuYJkrA6--Bzqy8wQWGsT8x8tutUFZWxlWVYa9LJAG_NnfD5GCHplEU7ZKtDDVOTqUWTWZ1UV0s1soS7ePxVbiwgVTc0yi86jwm59LDeKMzOGFBohocLY6lQ3vJvFLJWi4_2ip7PYcLCFhRkbOTQuZPLjQGO2r4nqpzLsKOw7FhT_vSyZftL428bYJo2-IO0LTaJ7XJWS1kmxMd2kKaOqUuuUw89fcpgz3PMYt6QfPL=w1250-h937-no

Back