testtest

My Long-Awaited SA-35

wmg1299

Professional
I pre-ordered an SA-35 from one of my favorite IOP dealers shortly after it was announced (receipt shows it was in late November 2021). It took awhile to arrive, but I just picked it up from my FFL. The spare mags I ordered are already loaded, so she's ready for a range trip this weekend. The gun doesn't come with anything other than the soft case and one magazine, but the simplicity and classic design were some of the things that drew me to the SA-35 in the first place. It's a shame that I plan to get it dirty as soon as possible because the fit & finish are perfect.

SA-35 (1).jpgSA-35 (2).jpg

I'm still waiting for mine! After checking availability of brass and bullets, I gave up on getting a Glock 40 and am going to replace my long ago love, the Hi-Power. It sounds as though SA has done everything to this pistol that I did to my own HP way back when, but then, in a fit of pity, sold it to a friend that literally drooled over it, with the intention of replacing it right away. Unfortunately, I never did and now I'm the one drooling!
Cheers,
crkckr

I pre-ordered an SA-35 from one of my favorite IOP dealers shortly after it was announced (receipt shows it was in late November 2021). It took awhile to arrive, but I just picked it up from my FFL. The spare mags I ordered are already loaded, so she's ready for a range trip this weekend. The gun doesn't come with anything other than the soft case and one magazine, but the simplicity and classic design were some of the things that drew me to the SA-35 in the first place. It's a shame that I plan to get it dirty as soon as possible because the fit & finish are perfect.

View attachment 24960View attachment 24961
Nice pick up @wmg1299 👍. I picked mine up about 2 weeks ago. Good luck & congrats.

Took the SA-35 to the range today. It had two FTE's during the first 50 rounds, but functioned perfectly after that. I know some people have reported extractor issues, but I think this is just normal break-in behavior. I spent the first couple mags adjusting my usual grip to the pistol, so my accuracy was less than spectacular. In all honesty, one of the FTE's may have been a limp-wrist while I was experimenting with my grip. From the 5th magazine on, the SA-35 was exceptionally accurate.

I put 100 rounds through it today, but I don't know how many rounds were fired. No one at my local range had been able to handle an SA-35 in-person. The guys treat me well, so I let them put a few mags through it to see what they thought. Several of the guys were long-time Hi-Power fans, and they praised the trigger on the SA-35. I have no experience with the original Hi-Power, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I love the gun so far.

Back