testtest

My pickup for today, 1/21/22...

I know, I'm not a polymer guy and my preference for the 1911 is absolute. But, I couldn't resist...

IMG_3267.jpg

1911s are not my friends. That is the only gun I've shot that I can't hit the ground.
I pretty much grew up on 1911s. Long ago, when wheel guns were most popular, I had the usual suspects; S&W 29, Ruger Security Six, .38 specials, etc. But there was always a 1911 present. A few years ago when the polymer craze began, I steadfastly held allegiance to the steel frames, particularly the 1911.

I realize they're not for everyone, but you stick with what works. As my late father taught me many years ago, "Never get off of a winning horse."

This one is my EDC of late...

Colt Defender Port Side.jpg

Attachments

• Colt Defender Starboard Side.jpg
    Colt Defender Starboard Side.jpg
    885.2 KB · Views: 83
Nice pickup. I love the XDS Mod.2 models. These 9mm model with the 8-round magazine and the .45 acp model with the 6-round magazine are my ideal size for a carry gun. The long, flat grip perfectly fills my hand and the overall flat design of the XDS makes them incredibly easy to conceal. The XDS carries like a sub-compact on my waist, but feels like a full size pistol in my hand.

The only thing that keeps these guns from being my EDC is capacity. If Springfield could give the S&W Shield Plus treatment to the XDS line, by giving the 9mm a 12-13 round capacity and the .45 acp an 8-9 round capacity, I'd buy both models instantly. Enjoy your new addition. Happy shooting.

Back