testtest

My Siberians

Philmo11

Master Class
I’m sure there are lots of dog lovers in here so I’m sharing some of mine. All my dogs are pure bred Siberian Huskies. Up until January, every animal on my ranch was a rescue (horses and dogs). One of my female Huskies had a few pups back in January. Things got a little bit crazy after that.

We were up to 11 Huskies at that point. One of my boys, Alaska, he was 2, got past the fence and got hit. Tree branch fell on the line and broke the connection. It happens. Locked him up in his stall until I could get out to fix it the next day and he had escaped by morning. Got a call at 7am that one got hit in front of the house. That took a toll on my kids.

Long story short, I found a home for one of the boys with a cousin who was ready for a husky. I found homes for 3 of the females this week (it’s amazing how people will come out of the woodwork when they know its a purebred but won’t take one from a pound. I turned down a lot of people).

Good news is, I was able to vet out good homes. We are now down to 6. It’s a much more manageable number given the pups and all.

I kept my Lucky Girl. She was my first rescue. She’ll never leave the ranch. She an 80lb freak of nature. She came to me papered at 18 months. She is the alpha.
65A54EE5-A09B-4641-B14B-3E91B458039E.jpg

804BB584-55F0-44D7-B806-2DE1F86BEAA1.jpg

Then there’s Fang. Fang is a good boy. Nothing much else to say about him. Goofy as they get. Fang came to the to me at 4.5 months. He is 14 months now. He is the daddy of the pups.
18CCDC24-DDF8-4818-8FF8-44031B9032E4.jpg

82C1B231-DE84-4155-BF83-D2D9807A0597.jpg

I decided to keep the 4 male pups and rehome the rest of the females that were left. Lucky is the only female that stayed. Fury, momma to the pups became very comfortable as an indoor dog, so I homed her accordingly.

These are the 4 boys.

Left-right Thunder, Jack Frost, Tank and Maverick (also known as Peg Leg after breaking a leg, he’s all better now, name stuck). Yeah, they are filthy from digging to China in my yard.
5F30524E-7822-4CF3-9075-F215F8928FBA.jpg

This, by comparison, was 9 day ago, to give you an idea how fast they are growing.
4DD84392-5273-46B2-A921-81EB494C709C.jpg

Those 3 are the 3 on the left of the first pic. They were 27-28lbs in this pic 9 days ago. I’m sure they’ve broken 30lb already. I had them Embark genetically tested and they came back 100% pure bred.

So those are my pack, or what’s left of it. It’s not the same as it was before the pups were born but choices had to be made. Not so much for my sanity but for their own safety. Man’s got to know his limits. I can say, today was by far the most manageable day we’ve had here in 3-1/2 months. If all of them were grown, I could handle them. Managing and training the pups too is where it starts to break down. I don’t want a repeat of what happened to Alaska.

Last edited:
I’m sure there are lots of dog lovers in here so I’m sharing some of mine. All my dogs are pure bred Siberian Huskies. Up until January, every animal on my ranch was a rescue (horses and dogs). One of my female Huskies had a few pups back in January. Things got a little bit crazy after that.

We were up to 11 Huskies at that point. One of my boys, Alaska, he was 2, got past the fence and got hit. Tree branch fell on the line and broke the connection. It happens. Locked him up in his stall until I could get out to fix it the next day and he had escaped by morning. Got a call at 7am that one got hit in front of the house. That took a toll on my kids.

Long story short, I found a home for one of the boys with a cousin who was ready for a husky. I found homes for 3 of the females this week (it’s amazing how people will come out of the woodwork when they know its a purebred but won’t take one from a pound. I turned down a lot of people).

Good news is, I was able to vet out good homes. We are now down to 6. It’s a much more manageable number given the pups and all.

I kept my Lucky Girl. She was my first rescue. She’ll never leave the ranch. She an 80lb freak of nature. She came to me papered at 18 months. She is the alpha.
View attachment 26466
View attachment 26467

Then there’s Fang. Fang is a good boy. Nothing much else to say about him. Goofy as they get. Fang came to the to me at 4.5 months. He is 14 months now. He is the daddy of the pups.
View attachment 26468
View attachment 26469

I decided to keep the 4 male pups and rehome the rest of the females that were left. Lucky is the only female that stayed. Fury, momma to the pups became very comfortable as an indoor dog, so I homed her accordingly.

These are the 4 boys.

Left-right Thunder, Jack Frost, Tank and Maverick (also known as Peg Leg after breaking a leg, he’s all better now, name stuck). Yeah, they are filthy from digging to China in my yard.
View attachment 26470
This, by comparison, was 9 day ago, to give you an idea how fast they are growing.
View attachment 26471
Those 3 are the 3 on the left of the first pic. They were 27-28lbs in this pic 9 days ago. I’m sure they’ve broken 30lb already. I had them Embark genetically tested and they came back 100% pure bred.

So those are my pack, or what’s left of it. It’s not the same as it was before the pups were born but choices had to be made. Not so much for my sanity but for their own safety. Man’s got to know his limits. I can say, today was by far the most manageable day we’ve had here in 3-1/2 months. If all of them were grown, I could handle them. Managing and training the pups too is where it starts to break down. I don’t want a repeat of what happened to Alaska.
Beautiful dogs, always loved the husky breed, very intelligent dogs. God bless you for focusing on rescues, all my pets have been rescue animals.

Although I just found out Wolfs are illegal to own in Kentucky I’ve always wanted a Wolf pup to raise, they are also highly intelligent dogs and very beautiful animals. A big dog whether trained for protection or not has a great intimidation factor.

Last edited:
I’m fortunate so far, they don’t know that they could jump the fence with ease. I’ve seen Alaska leap into the air and snatch a bird in mid flight. That’s why today, we begin perimeter training.

In about two weeks, they’ll get to run leash free for the first time. That’s going to be something to see. Somewhere I have a video of Fang and Fury running together for the first time.

I’m fortunate so far, they don’t know that they could jump the fence with ease. I’ve seen Alaska leap into the air and snatch a bird in mid flight. That’s why today, we begin perimeter training.
When I was married we always had a Great Dane, my wife loved those dogs and although they sadly don’t live long they were always very good dogs. We also had a Chow once but that dog always made me nervous. It got out of the backyard one early evening and got hit by a car and killed.
We did at one time have a Dane/Dalmatian mix however that dog was a freak and turned on one of our foster children, the girl didn’t get bitten but it was close. I was standing next to my wife wife when it happened and the dog went after me when I stepped between the dog and the girl, I told my wife if she didn’t put the dog down I’d kill it myself. She had it euthanized the next day.
Our very first Dane was (Max) he was all black and was huge, he could stand on his back legs and put his front paws on my shoulders and look me right in the eyes. When he was 9 years old he fell down the stairs and his stomach flipped, the vet was able to get him straightened out non surgically but it happened again two months later and he passed away.
Funny story about Max, my wife and I went away one weekend and had a good friend watch over the house and dogs, Max had broken down a section of stockade fencing and although the dog was still on a runner our friend went out with a leash to bring him inside, he attached the leash then removed the runner cable and Max took off running and dragged our friend down the street for half a block, although he was scratched all up and bloody he never let go of the leash.

Absolutely gorgeous Huskies!!! I've always loved the breed but never felt either myself or my fiancee were equipped with enough experience to train them. Our current rescue is a Labrador / Australian Cattle Dog mix and holy crap that dog gave us a run for our money as a puppy. But she turned out to be an amazing dog and i'm glad we got her. Maybe one of these days a Husky could be in our future.

Maggie has been perfect from day one! Maybe its because we know what to expect. She is smart and knows she is loved and spoiled. This one is the most gentle dog we have had. Absolutely my best friend!

Wife and I are partial to Labradors and German Shepherds. Our first lab\shepherd mix was a handful. As time went on our pack got bigger and we added two purebred Shepherds. Those three passed over the rainbow bridge and now we have a black lab shepherd mix and purebred shepherd. The worst part of having a dogo is knowing we don't have them forever. I still shed a tear when I think about our first 3 my Wife and I had together. As much trouble as they can be at times, I cannot imagine coming home and not having them. 30 years as a Policeman now and I firmly believe that dogos are better than most but not all people. The first thing I wanna see when I get to meet my maker are all the best friends aka dogos I ever had.....

View attachment 26466
View attachment 26467

View attachment 26468
View attachment 26469

These are the 4 boys.

View attachment 26470
View attachment 26471

Gorgeous dogs.

I didn’t get any pictures because they went crazy (trying to maintain them to the area) but I turned the puppies loose on the egg hunt in the living room. Was a sight to behold. They inhaled 12 hard boiled eggs in just a couple short min, once they realized they were edible. At first, they just carried them around in their mouths until one cracked and they got a whiff of what’s inside, then the race was on.

These were taken last night. I had a midnight venture out to the barn to play with the pups.

2A7B8987-56B0-475A-858A-6E2D803DF124.jpg

Maverick (also referred to as Lil’ Bud or Peg Leg after breaking a leg) He is just a happy boy.

875F600D-95A0-457E-BEB1-0E762C0ABB51.jpg

Thunder left and Tank in the right. Best behaved of the pups.

F33AA9E2-8368-4FC5-8941-A8FA7D95CF2B.jpg

This is Mr. Jack Frost about to start something with Lucky Girl that he can’t finish 😂

3709DB65-394E-4FC3-B78E-2BA8C1AA12DE.jpeg

When we let Lucky and Fang out of the stall for the night, Mr. Jack Frost decided to make a break for it 😂. I told Nic just to stand down a min and quit chasing him, Fang will get him. Sure enough, I called Fang by name and he was on it like white on rice. He’s such a good boy. Pinned that little crackhead down and held him there for Nic.

Nic hauling that knuckle head back to the stall. That baby is getting big.

6B810406-F29B-4C36-A5ED-890B4551DBAB.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 26466
View attachment 26467

View attachment 26468
View attachment 26469

These are the 4 boys.

View attachment 26470
View attachment 26471

View attachment 26466
View attachment 26467

View attachment 26468
View attachment 26469

These are the 4 boys.

View attachment 26470
View attachment 26471

I just wanted to compliment you for being a dog person and getting your pups into good homes. My family and I love our Boxers and have had them as part of our family going back forty years. I guess you might say I'm more in tune with animals than I am with people.

Lucky Girl got her grooming done today. Had to catch a still off a video. She wants to be against my legs so I have to backpedal to catch a pic 😂. I’m her best Bud after a Dairy Queen double cheeseburger 😁.
58B3A6D7-5B50-431E-8D8D-B81874B65E8E.jpeg

She is a beast of a Siberian Husky at nearly 80lbs. Thought she was going to eat the groomer’s pit bull. So did she. Had to lock up the pit in a safe place. Got no idea what that was all about. She didn’t attack but she sure thought about it. Strange, groomer is also my neighbor. I know those two have played together before. Got to watch them going forward. I still swear she’s more wolf than husky, even though her papers say otherwise.

Back