testtest

Nature Captured At Its Finest, Most Adorable, Incredible, Beautiful And Amazing Moments

I was digging a hole in a suburban lawn, as I often do, and my buddy says, " Hey Bob, you got a friend". Literally 6' from me was a little buck. I looked at him, he looked at me for a second and went back to grazing.
While it is nice that deer are comfortable enough to be close to humans while foraging for food or even nap time, I wonder if they prey does not follows them as well❓

While it is nice that deer are comfortable enough to be close to humans while foraging for food or even nap time, I wonder if they prey does not follows them as well❓

In suburban Missouri the deer population and coyote population has exploded. It really isn't nice that deer are comfortable enough to be close to humans. It's not good for them. And there are too many deer for the land they inhabit. When I was a kid it was unusual to see deer even while deer hunting in the country and when my dad was a young man there were no deer here and there was no deer hunting season. Our conservation department made several trades with other states, ducks for turkeys and deer. Now there are so many whitetail deer here that every hunting season we don't even come close to taking the number of deer the wildlife biologists want us to. If we don't keep the deer population in check, it's bad for the herd. Too many deer means too much competition for food. Deer versus car accidents are way out of control. People in St. Louis proper have deer eating their shrubs and unless you literally run at them they will just stand there eating while you watch them.

Of course the real problem is humans. There are way too many of them. They're like cockroaches. Every single inch of ground is bought up by Berra and McBride and Sons and they clear it and put another neighborhood full of crap built, overpriced houses up.

The view from my back porch

Attachments

• 20230523_150750.jpg
    20230523_150750.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
  • signal-2023-04-30-19-56-24-887.jpg
    signal-2023-04-30-19-56-24-887.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 60
Man, all the posts… I see soup, stir fry, venison chili, roast turkey… mmmm..mmm
Making me hungry…😁😁

Kidding. Kidding
Being a hunter, its amazing to sit out in nature and have birds and other wildlife just come and sit feet away and not realize your there as they go about their day.. pretty amazing actually.

Man, all the posts… I see soup, stir fry, venison chili, roast turkey… mmmm..mmm
Making me hungry…😁😁

Kidding. Kidding
Being a hunter, its amazing to sit out in nature and have birds and other wildlife just come and sit feet away and not realize your there as they go about their day.. pretty amazing actually.
I have always felt that hunters see more of nature than anyone else. All the time spent observing, studying, listening, hiking, put you in line to see things few others do. I had a chipmunk creep up and curl up for a nap on the toe of my boot before. Sat without moving until he woke and went on his way.

Back