testtest

Nature Captured At Its Finest, Most Adorable, Incredible, Beautiful And Amazing Moments

Alien! It has 8 legs so it's definitely a spider, but is it from Earth? Apparently camo isn't something this species has mastered.
Alien.JPG

We were lucky enough to catch the end of a disagreement between two elk bulls over whose girlfriends were whose in Mammoth Springs in Yellowstone NP. There was more bugling than sparing. Neither seemed to want make a serious challenge. They finally broke off and went their separate ways. One crossed the street to our side so I was able to get a few good pictures of him before he chased his girlfriends back into the hills.

IMG_2680_1.jpg

IMG_2681_1.jpg

IMG_2685_1.jpg

IMG_2687_1.jpg

IMG_2692_1.jpg

IMG_2695_1.jpg

We were lucky enough to catch the end of a disagreement between two elk bulls over whose girlfriends were whose in Mammoth Springs in Yellowstone NP. There was more bugling than sparing. Neither seemed to want make a serious challenge. They finally broke off and went their separate ways. One crossed the street to our side so I was able to get a few good pictures of him before he chased his girlfriends back into the hills.

View attachment 44045

View attachment 44046

View attachment 44047

View attachment 44048

View attachment 44049

View attachment 44050
Lots of crowds…

View attachment 44045

View attachment 44046

View attachment 44047

View attachment 44048

View attachment 44049

View attachment 44050
Incredible animals……
Definitely draw a crowd.
Great pictures.

My wife and I plus her 2 sisters and their families all went to Yellowstone in 1987 , the year before the big fires. It was the first week of June and we camped in tents. We didn't get snowed on but it did get really cold one night. Every picture we had burned with our house in 2004.

The kids thought it was great to be throwing snowballs at each other while in short sleeves.

This is my little girl, also the team mascot of our SHOOTSIG team

FyX4nZRWIAAeTlk.jpg

Mellow and affectionate until one of two things happen: her big brother try to take her bone or Elmer Fudd gets too close our woods and her friends the deers, then no more Ms Nice Girl, Elmer would not make it back in one piece

IMG_20230903_193238_791.jpg

A “must see” in Yellowstone NP is the Lower Falls in the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. It is spectacular. This waterfall is twice as high as Niagara Falls at 308 feet high.

IMG_2456_1.jpg

IMG_6327_1.jpg

IMG_2496_1.jpg

There are several hiking trails that will take you to different viewing areas around the falls. Although I haven’t hiked them all, the most difficult one for me was the Brink of the Falls viewing area. It was 13 years ago when I did that hike, so I didn’t even consider it this time. The hike is short, less than a half mile, but the change in elevation is 600 feet. Going down is easy but the hike back up is a killer, especially for a flatlander like me and the trailhead is over 7000 feet of elevation.

IMG_2459_1.jpg

Many of you have posted really great pictures of various wildlife that you've manage to photograph. But alast, this photo is the best I came do. I caught this guy crossing the yard last week, which is sort of a big deal since in Virginia box turtles are in decline. I have a real respect for these little guys and will stop when I can to move them out of the roadway.
box turtle.JPG
However, not everyone feels the same way:

Many of you have posted really great pictures of various wildlife that you've manage to photograph. But alast, this photo is the best I came do. I caught this guy crossing the yard last week, which is sort of a big deal since in Virginia box turtles are in decline. I have a real respect for these little guys and will stop when I can to move them out of the roadway.
View attachment 44209 However, not everyone feels the same way:

We have huge ones here in NH, and somehow plenty of snaping turtles. I have somewhere a few pics and maybe even a video of a great 50lb Snaping Turtle vs. 100lb German Shepherd face off in my yard. It was epic to watch the dexterity of both, one trying to snap and the other trying to bite while dodging the snap. I had to break it off because there was only one outcome and that wasn't going to be the turtle escaping, but rather a large vet bill coming my way...

Back