testtest

Need advice for first Saint model type rifle purchase

Antonio

Operator
I’ve been so pleased with my new pair of Springfield Hellcats, I’m considering buying a Springfield Saint model type rifle but I’m a little concerned based on a review of the Saint Victor continuously jamming:
Does anyone have a Victor or any other Saint model that can share their experience about?
I’ve seen a lot of good reviews on other brand rifles but I’d like feed back on just the Springfield models to help my decision purchase.

When I got my Victor .308 I shot about 40 rounds through it to break it in, and to sighted in. Remember ammo was much cheaper 2 years ago. I put some military ball and Hornaday Whitetail ammo through it, without any problems. During the last 2 hunting seasons I've only shot it 3 times and killed 2 deer. I'm very satisfied with mine.

I’ve been so pleased with my new pair of Springfield Hellcats, I’m considering buying a Springfield Saint model type rifle but I’m a little concerned based on a review of the Saint Victor continuously jamming:
Does anyone have a Victor or any other Saint model that can share their experience about?
I’ve seen a lot of good reviews on other brand rifles but I’d like feed back on just the Springfield models to help my decision purchase.
I wouldnt take much stock in this video. I was concerned when I saw it originally, but its one of very few negative reviews. I know a few people personally who have a couple of different saint victors, and I have fired the 5.56 rifle and Pistol version as well. Don't let that guy sway your decision. Only reason I don't have one in 5.56 is because I couldnt find one, but I did find the .308 instead and got it because I was impatient :rolleyes:

I've put about 500 rounds through my Saint Victor .308 and other than having to put some anti walk pins in, I love it and rarely if ever have a feed issue. Just clean it and lube it well and it should run great.

Always remember that Springfield gives a lifetime warranty and their customer service really is top notch.

This is the first review I’ve seen with a consistent problem. I think he got a lemon. If you read the comments people are asking why he hasn’t done a follow up or taken SOAR’s offer to collaborate and dx the problem. No comments from him on any of it or if he contacted Springfield about it and it’s been 5 months. Mass mfg’ing of any kind will always have an occasional unit out of spec, it’s the nature of the process. The Saint lines are quality rifles and Springfield Customer Service is diligent about resolving any complaints.
As far as availability and price, I’ve seen both relaxing for all guns. Supply is slowly going up so price comes down.

Back