testtest

Need Recommendations: Mega Tank Printers

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
My printer is getting worse day by day, so it is time to replace. I have been eyeballing the new megaton printers and they seem like a good investment if you print things everyday. So now I am torn between Epson and Canon and want to know if anyone else uses these printers and are they worth the large up front cost?

My printer is getting worse day by day, so it is time to replace. I have been eyeballing the new megaton printers and they seem like a good investment if you print things everyday. So now I am torn between Epson and Canon and want to know if anyone else uses these printers and are they worth the large up front cost?
Canon's good, but think Epson's best value overall. When looking for printers, I base much of it on refill costs, availabilty and overall quality. A 3rd, Hp's very good printer too, but refill prices are too high in comparison.

So since this was revived, I have had about a year with the Epson ET-2760 Ecotank, I spent about 275 for it and I am completely happy, I am still using the original ink that was provided with the printer. It was easy to setup and easy to airprint with apple products. The only downside is that you need to actually print stuff so the ink heads dont dry out.

I signed up for HP’s instant ink program. Wasn’t really looking for another subscription service but @ $4 a month I’m still way ahead, even if I only refill once a year (yeah right lol, 2 kids in school). Plus it just shows up when the carts are getting low.

Back