testtest

New 65" TV

TV's have been "disposable" for many years now, regardless of cost or brand. When is the last time you saw a "TV Repair" shop in business?
that's right, even under "warranty repairs" they either replace a circuit board, or just send you your purchase price + taxes, to buy another new tv. in fact, i was told by a store employee i have known for decades, it's cheaper in the long run to just refund all your money, cuz they are gonna get it back, when you buy a new model, at a higher cost....win-win for them

and not to be "fooled", many of these tv company makers, are now either under 1 house, or are subsidiaries of that 1 house.

(and your warranty on THAT broken tv has ended.........(more money to be spent later..).

too many great people that i know personally, lost thier jobs over the years, that were great repairmen.

they fixed everything electronic, like toasters, irons, coffee makers, etc,etc..

we are indeed a "disposable nation" now.

When our tube TV gave out finally in 2013 we went and bought a bottom of the line Walmart, flat screen TV. I think it was 40 inches but it was a huge improvement over that tube TV and we thought it was great.

Four or five years later it died and we went out and bought a bottom of the line Walmart TV. This one was 44 inches. I really thought that larger screen would make a difference but within two days I didn't even notice it.

2 years ago our daughter came to visit us and I was watching Bonanza on MeTV. I wasn't part of the conversation but apparently my wife informed her that we didn't have streaming TV because we didn't think it was worth the expense.

Our daughter pulled out her phone and started messing around with it, we thought she was answering a text, and then told my wife said our new Roku TV would be delivered the next day and that we were going on her streaming account period.

The TV showed up the next day and apparently she had mistakenly ordered us a 32-in TV. The reason I know that wasn't what she intended was because she got mad when she saw how small it was.

I said all that to say that it took us less than a day to get used to the smaller TV. Now we don't even notice the difference I can see it just fine from the other end of the living room and so can my wife.

Prices have come down so much on tvs, just like computers. Our first "big screen" was like a 32 inch flat screen and that bugger cost $1200 and was heavy. The last one we got is larger a quarter of the price, has a picture that shames the old one, and some little sales girl carried by one hand.

Laptops are similar, just bought a bed one at half the price, better screen, has a touch screen and folds over to turn into a tablet.

Had 2010 55” Samsung ($800) LED for about 10 yrs before I noticed it starting to go bad, bought a 65” and returned it for another 55”, I think it was $600. Not the best model but the tech and resolution was better than the earlier model and also being LED, was even more lighter in weight.
Its seems the selections for the 40-46” LED’s are limited, which is a good size for bedrooms and workshops.
When I picked a new Sony it had more features than Samsung & LG, but they also have some internal Apps that aren’t available, accessible, compatible with other add-on components or devices without reprogramming. Buy a Sony tv, get a Sony dvr or Sony sound bar for ease of setup is my opinion. But I havent bought anything recently so that could have changed. Found cheaper off brands and sets sold in the big box stores not reliable and limited in supply. Never buy an “Open Box”.

Although the internet WiFi setup is somewhat easy, getting tech advice from ATT is horrible, if you’re lucky getting a local based tech on the line you can communicate with is a blessing.

Good idea to measure the distance of your seating to the set and sight line if mounting on a wall (awkward view will lead to neck strain & pain). Found the 65 was too large for my small living rm layout with the set mounted over the fireplace, even at 10‘ away it was like sitting in the front row at the Royal watching Red River.

When our tube TV gave out finally in 2013 we went and bought a bottom of the line Walmart, flat screen TV. I think it was 40 inches but it was a huge improvement over that tube TV and we thought it was great.

Four or five years later it died and we went out and bought a bottom of the line Walmart TV. This one was 44 inches. I really thought that larger screen would make a difference but within two days I didn't even notice it.

2 years ago our daughter came to visit us and I was watching Bonanza on MeTV. I wasn't part of the conversation but apparently my wife informed her that we didn't have streaming TV because we didn't think it was worth the expense.

Our daughter pulled out her phone and started messing around with it, we thought she was answering a text, and then told my wife said our new Roku TV would be delivered the next day and that we were going on her streaming account period.

The TV showed up the next day and apparently she had mistakenly ordered us a 32-in TV. The reason I know that wasn't what she intended was because she got mad when she saw how small it was.

I said all that to say that it took us less than a day to get used to the smaller TV. Now we don't even notice the difference I can see it just fine from the other end of the living room and so can my wife.
yeah, sometimes i hate our kitchen tv. it's a "Smart TV", but to me, the remote is DUMB. if i don't watch out, i can push the Prime or Disney button as they are so dang close to the on/off button,,,

then the BS of going into the fricking menu and get back broadcast tv..

christ, you'd think a "smart tv", would know you don't want Prime or Disney

yeah, sometimes i hate our kitchen tv. it's a "Smart TV", but to me, the remote is DUMB. if i don't watch out, i can push the Prime or Disney button as they are so dang close to the on/off button,,,

then the BS of going into the fricking menu and get back broadcast tv..

christ, you'd think a "smart tv", would know you don't want Prime or Disney
It’s called “Programming” for a reason. Watch Dizz’ney and you’ll be reprogrammed to be ‘smart‘ like them.
TV Pro tip of the Week:
Take a single edge razor blade and shave off the remote button nub(s) that you don’t want to accidentally press or don’t care to watch due to the content the Programmer. These shaved down buttons can still be activated but need to be pushed down a bit more.

No problem Anni. I have three TVs (55", 46" & 32"), the 55" is Satellite DirectTV with an Amazon Firestick for streaming Amazon Prime and others. The 46" is set up with a wireless link to the DirectTV receiver setup on the 55". The 32" has a Roku stick for just streaming. I've gone in an hunted down all the tracking settings on these devices and set them to NO. I don't own any Alexa, Echo (or similar devices), nor Simplisafe or Ring cameras which also have privacy settings that can be changed (I think Ring defaults to Neighborhood sharing which could share info with other Ring devices in the neighborhood, and thus be a candidate for potential hacking). Seems like more and more these devices are set up to spy on us.
Yea, don’t let him fool you, I know he has a thing going with Siri…….😬😬

It’s called “Programming” for a reason. Watch Dizz’ney and you’ll be reprogrammed to be ‘smart‘ like them.
TV Pro tip of the Week:
Take a single edge razor blade and shave off the remote button nub(s) that you don’t want to accidentally press or don’t care to watch due to the content the Programmer. These shaved down buttons can still be activated but need to be pushed down a bit more.
i actually wanted to do that.

just never did.

Dude, Treasure Island is on Disney.
Davy Crockett (both movies) is on Disney.
20,000 Leagues Under the sea.
Old Yeller.
Dumbo
All those movies I grew up on and they're not WOKE
yeah, but that tv is in the kitchen, and those chairs are uncomfortable. i'd have to move my recliner, then my snack tray, maybe even the sofa, and my rocking chair, all into the kitchen....

Back