testtest

New Body Armor for 2021

I actually am considering getting a soft III/IIIA vest for casual range use, particularly when I go to indoor ranges (Haven't been to one in almost a year, now...).

I already have a plate carrier and plates that I got for classes years ago; upgraded the front & back plates from III+ to IV in 2019, when armor was CHEAP (I think it ran me $150 for the plates and new trauma pads).

I think I’m going to get another carrier for the III+ plates, and leave it “slick” to work under a jacket.

I wear a 3A vest nearly every day. The hood rats are doing a lot of bad things with AKs and ARs these days though. A carrier and plates would be very tough to pull off at my job.

I never considered wearing it to the range although now that Hans mentions it I probably should wear it while drilling with my work carry rig.

Good article, thanks!

Possibly interesting and mostly unknown body armor fact?
Silk was used in some of 1st body armor constructed.
Lot stronger than it appears.
Yeah, I read that as well during research for this one. Allegedly Wyatt Earp was known for having a thick silk vest that he wore for this very reason. Interesting to think about.

I actually am considering getting a soft III/IIIA vest for casual range use, particularly when I go to indoor ranges (Haven't been to one in almost a year, now...).

I already have a plate carrier and plates that I got for classes years ago; upgraded the front & back plates from III+ to IV in 2019, when armor was CHEAP (I think it ran me $150 for the plates and new trauma pads).

I think I’m going to get another carrier for the III+ plates, and leave it “slick” to work under a jacket.
I prefer chest rigs over plate carriers. In terms of appearance and style, the chest rig is similar to the plate carrier. But in real chest rig is a nylon load carriage that has side pouches in it. The chest rig is designed to hold tactical objects like magazines, pistols, knives, or any other thing. It contains nothing at the back, and it would be best for those who had to walk on and off. But, it is heavier in weight, so balancing might become challenging. The front pouches of the chest rig make it easier for you to access your objects. However, selecting a chest rig over plate carrier is your own choice hence you can opt for the chest rig that fits you well and carry anything that you want to keep in it.

Back