testtest

New cat on the block

My little girl….
5629A239-B216-4EBA-A7AC-C3C48C2FAFDC.jpeg

If that's actually a bobcat you know you can't raise it as a house cat.

The kitten my wife rescued last year is part Maine **** and she looked like that when she was a kitten only she was gray.
A friend from Kansas raised 1 with his dogs and all got along fine. The only time there was a problem was when others dogs showed up and then the fight was on. I'm not sure if the cat ever went into the house? Outside cat most likely.

A friend from Kansas raised 1 with his dogs and all got along fine. The only time there was a problem was when others dogs showed up and then the fight was on. I'm not sure if the cat ever went into the house? Outside cat most likely.
Raising a wild animal, in this case a Bob Cat as an indoor cat will have its challenges. The only way to almost ensure the cat will ok around people would be to start taking care of it before it opens its eyes for the first time and then it’s still a crap shoot. My little girl. TIG
36F7FB9D-65E0-4575-BB1D-C26556BABF3B.jpeg

was born Feral and she still has her moments thinking she’s the boss. Boy cats are easier but still you never know.

Raising a wild animal, in this case a Bob Cat as an indoor cat will have its challenges. The only way to almost ensure the cat will ok around people would be to start taking care of it before it opens its eyes for the first time and then it’s still a crap shoot. My little girl. TIGView attachment 18507
was born Feral and she still has her moments thinking she’s the boss. Boy cats are easier but still you never know.
My cat also was born a feral cat, she also has her times…..lol

We have two cats. Both born feral. Lot's of outside cats around here.
One is a little mean, she has been known to attack strangers, but almost always when they try to touch her. I am like do you hear her growling?? Then why would you try and touch her?? She even gets bitchy with me sometimes, but she just does enough to let me know she does not want to be touched or messed with. With strangers she is not as nice. Although now after a year she has not been bitchy with me for awhile..
The newest feral kitten is just a little lover. Although the first cat is teaching the little one how to fight. Again does not hurt the little guy, but he just will not ever leave her alone and always wants to play.
My wife would of had that bobcat in the house and there is no question about that. If it needed to be put back out it would have been.

Something i have noticed about feral cats is they have the pack mentality more than tame ones. Our cats follow us around, they are free to come and go as they want, but they do not go very far and they know when the sun starts getting low that they better either come in the house or hang out right where we are.
If we both go outside, the cats want outside. If we both go upstairs, the cats go upstairs.
Just something about them and the way they act that is a little different then domesticated cats. It takes awhile to get them used to you, but once you do, you are their pack.

If you can get it a rabbit, bury it near the other food. They like to kill and bury thier food. Watched a mom and kitten do this last year. They usually just chew up the head and leave the rest for later...rather captivating. I also find decapitated rabbits all over. Sometimes I wonder if its like a house cat when it brings 'gifts' in. I appreciate the thought but I am getting tired of rabbit bits on my welcome mat.

Hey T for L, ran across this today buddy and thought immediately of you. You might want to read this .............. you know, just for grins and giggles! ;););)(y)(y)(y)

Feed your cats more often and it could've been avoided 🤣!

Back