testtest

New Edge Owner

Just received my new Edge pistol yesterday. 10.3 " model. I was surprised to see they don't include sights anymore . Luckily , I had ordered an MRO for it .

Went to the range today . Great little gun . More accurate than I thought it would be .

I was surprised the trigger felt a little heavier than I thought it would be . I put scale on it . 6.5lbs. Has anyone done a spring kit ? Edge.jpeg

What improvements have you done to your , if any ?

Lou

Just received my new Edge pistol yesterday. 10.3 " model. I was surprised to see they don't include sights anymore . Luckily , I had ordered an MRO for it .

Went to the range today . Great little gun . More accurate than I thought it would be .

I was surprised the trigger felt a little heavier than I thought it would be . I put scale on it . 6.5lbs. Has anyone done a spring kit ?View attachment 20184

What improvements have you done to your , if any ?

Lou
Congratulations on your new purchase!

As a recommendation I would say go with a drop in flat faced trigger which will take the trigger pull closer to 3-3.5 pounds and a very short reset. An upgraded AR trigger is probably the most noticable upgrade you can do yourself.

@10mmLife ,
Based upon all of the reviews I read and watched, I expected a much better trigger than this. It is a flat faced trigger, but I really didn't notice if it had the short reset at the range today.
From what I've read the edge supposed to come with a match grade trigger with a lighter pull. 6-7 pounds is more standard Mil-spec pull weight.

I'm not sure what trigger comes with the edge as I don't own one myself but I do have quite a few drop in triggers in AR builds. I mostly use the Rise Armament 140 series trigger because I haven't had an issue with them yet, the break & reset is nice and short, trigger pull weight is roughly 3.5 pounds and I usually pick them up on sale for roughly $99 at Midway USA. I do use a few different upgraded polished mil-spec triggers also.

I think you may have the Nickel Boron trigger which is what I have it my SA Victor .308. It pulls around 6 lbs.

I found this Guns and Ammo review of your pistol. It says your match grade trigger pull should be 3.75 lbs.

The reviewer says, "The Match unit in the Edge Pistol, on the other hand, provided a nice, beautifully crisp 3¾-pound, single-stage pull with a very short reset."

If your model number is STE9103556B, then I think a call to SA is definitely in order.

@Bear007
Thats the model. I carried a Sprinfield for 25 years on duty. I highly respect the brand.
First the gun came wo sights even though the add and several recent reviews said it came with them. They have now corrected it for future reference. ⁷

SA explanation: the ATF recommended we ship them wo sights. Really

Now the trigger. Not getting a lot of love from them. One more call on Monday, but if it goes like the sight conversation, waste of time.

SA has decided to stop making them once the parts are gone. Bowing to the pressure.

Disappointing

@Bear007
Thats the model. I carried a Sprinfield for 25 years on duty. I highly respect the brand.
First the gun came wo sights even though the add and several recent reviews said it came with them. They have now corrected it for future reference. ⁷

SA explanation: the ATF recommended we ship them wo sights. Really

Now the trigger. Not getting a lot of love from them. One more call on Monday, but if it goes like the sight conversation, waste of time.

SA has decided to stop making them once the parts are gone. Bowing to the pressure.

Disappointing
Let us know what you hear back.

Update: They are no longer putting the match grade trigger in the Edge. I'm highly disappointed in their representation of specs especially for a $1500.00 weapon. I guess the lesson learned here is to call SA and confirm the features listed for the firearm you want are actually still being installed on it . I will never order another SA firearm . Sad . SO , I guess I'll start with a JP spring kit and some stone work.

On the upside , the CS rep . was very upfront and candid. I was told they are putting whatever parts they have in the weapons to fill orders. I walked away from the conversation disappointed , but appreciative of their honesty .

Update: They are no longer putting the match grade trigger in the Edge. I'm highly disappointed in their representation of specs especially for a $1500.00 weapon. I guess the lesson learned here is to call SA and confirm the features listed for the firearm you want are actually still being installed on it . I will never order another SA firearm . Sad . SO , I guess I'll start with a JP spring kit and some stone work.

On the upside , the CS rep . was very upfront and candid. I was told they are putting whatever parts they have in the weapons to fill orders. I walked away from the conversation disappointed , but appreciative of their honesty .
Wow ... really hard to believe. There should be some kind of discount here. The missing sights and the standard trigger are not what you thought what you were buying!

I would lube it good and put several hundred or more rounds through it to break it in and see if it loosens up some.

Normally, I would agree whole heartily. But with the ammo shortages, I'm a little guarded on using my ammo supplies for those purposes until things start to free up and prices come back down a little .....So, I'll do a little trigger work . Then do some drill work with it . Otherwise , It ill be in the back of my mind every time I put one down range.

Normally, I would agree whole heartily. But with the ammo shortages, I'm a little guarded on using my ammo supplies for those purposes until things start to free up and prices come back down a little .....So, I'll do a little trigger work . Then do some drill work with it . Otherwise , It ill be in the back of my mind every time I put one down range.
There is no reason to think the pull on the Nickel Boron trigger is going to loosen up. It is a nice smooth trigger but it is almost twice the pull than you were expecting. It simply is not a match trigger.

I had a little grit in my trigger that I had to get out when I first got it almost a month ago and it is a short and smooth pull now but the pull is still around 6.5 lb.

A little update: I cleaned up the trigger and added the JP Enhanced spring kit. It seems to have less creep and definitely a lighter pull . When I placed my Lyman trigger scale on it , it read 3.5lbs average over 5 readings. I felt that was too light , but I took it to the range to verify. I was surprised it did not feel as light as it read and I will keep it where it is for now . No reliability issues for 100 rounds fired.

During this range session , I took the Edge from 7 yrds. to 100 yrds using the MRO optic. Off hand , I had no issues keeping the rounds on target. The glass is very clear on the MRO.

I also installed the SA muzzle blast diverter and a Magpul B.A.D. lever should be delivered this week. After I install the B.A.D. lever , I'll return to the range and give an opinion on those items .

Lou

I probably missed something somewhere, but why did they stop with the enhanced trigger?

I have an edge with the match grade trigger and I love it.
It seems they don't have the parts. The match trigger is still listed in the specs but the sights are now removed.

Loutenant called SA and wrote ...

Back