testtest

New firearm enthusiast

I have a 45 ACP, a Mac 90 I bought right before Clinton's assault ban, and my Grandfather's old 12 gauge. I am looking to get an EDC pistol, probably 9mm, and I would like a home defense shotgun.
I do not carry (i live in the commie utopia of nj) but a lot of guys here do carry. They will be a solid source if information for you.
Is the 45 a 1911, perhaps? I think just about everyone here has one and certainly have their opinions… especially about ones made in turkey. 😁
And @Bassbob is the go to guy for shotguns.

Great timing. I hear these are very nice. An enlightened choice indeed. Great looks. Great trigger. Great price.

IMG_6304.jpeg

I like the looks of the Springfield Armory Saint and the Hellion. What do you all think about these?
I've tried and/or owned just about every flavor of Saint / Saint Victor / Saint Edge they made and the only one I could complain about was the Saint Victor .308 variant. Had major issues with mine but never let it stop me from any of the other versions and I'm glad I didn't because all of the others ran great.

There are a handful of really good companies out there with excellent entry level AR platforms for the money. The Saint line from SA, the M400/Tread line from Sig Sauer, IWI Zion is arguably one the best AR's bang for your buck in that entry level range, and then you always have Palmetto State Armory if you want an inexpensive but more than serviceable AR.
That's just to name a few. You can also go the DIY route and get some uppers/lowers from PSA or Aero Precision if you want to really customize and also get yourself a bit more intimate on the AR platform.

The Hellion is a Bullpup style rifle so it's a bit different from the Saint which is an AR Platform. I don't own a Hellion but my buddy picked one up a few weeks back and we are shooting this weekend so i'll report back on that one for ya if I can.

Last edited:
Welcome from Tempe, AZ,

Ideally hit a range and try out a few options for EDC - Hellcat, Shield plus, Sig P365 varieties, Glock 43x, etc.

I went thru the following (owned all) - Glock 43; Sig P365; Sig P365XL; Walther PPS M2 (loved this one - but with my aging eyes went dots and wanted higher capacity); Glock 43X; Sig P365 macro grip.

I have always come back to the Sig P365XL - its the Goldilocks EDC for me. Grip (original or Wilson Combat), capacity, concealability (under T shirt and shorts in AZ most of the year), etc. The P365XL just works for me.

Top - P365XL with macro grip module (since sold)
Middle - P365XL with Sig gray grip module - my EDC (I now have a gray Wilson Combat grip on this one)
Bottom - P365XL Spectre w/ Wilson Combat grip

All with Holosun 507K in green (I'm 59 with astigmatism in both eyes - green works best for me.

1697766297142.png

Last edited:
Back