testtest

New gun decision

I don't buy a lot of guns. Growing up, I was lucky if I could afford one, and the concept has stuck with me. But, I like a hammer, and I'm sort of eyeing the XDe with a longer barrel just to make it easier to shoot accurately. Who knows :).

I can't wait for Shotshow so I can buy another new gun that will be unveiled.
Agreed RandomHero, problem is that we'll most likely have to wait some time before getting our hands on the latest and greatest. Several Shot Shows ago, I saw the laser saddle for the Mossberg 500/590. I have a 590M Shockwave (which I feel this laser saddle is a necessity when firing from the hip), and waited about a year when I could find one not "out of stock". This past NASGW show, Crimson Trace announced the laser saddle for the Remigton 870 (I have the Tac-14DM), which won't be available until this year (which will most likely show "out of stock" for a few months before I can get it :mad:).

Agreed RandomHero, problem is that we'll most likely have to wait some time before getting our hands on the latest and greatest. Several Shot Shows ago, I saw the laser saddle for the Mossberg 500/590. I have a 590M Shockwave (which I feel this laser saddle is a necessity when firing from the hip), and waited about a year when I could find one not "out of stock". This past NASGW show, Crimson Trace announced the laser saddle for the Remigton 870 (I have the Tac-14DM), which won't be available until this year (which will most likely show "out of stock" for a few months before I can get it :mad:).
So true, that is often the case. But sometimes we an get lucky and a manufacturer will produce them before Shotshow and hold sales until they're unveiled. Kind of hoping for this to be the case with at least one new exciting firearm this year.
Also, everyone has different resources, so if anyone is looking for something specific, Post it here and we all can dig for it to see if it's available anywhere.

So true, that is often the case. But sometimes we an get lucky and a manufacturer will produce them before Shotshow and hold sales until they're unveiled. Kind of hoping for this to be the case with at least one new exciting firearm this year.
Also, everyone has different resources, so if anyone is looking for something specific, Post it here and we all can dig for it to see if it's available anywhere.
Yes, the Hellcat seemed easier to find than the Sig P365 that took over a year to obtain. In actuality, this was probably a good thing as it's a Gen 3 after correcting their earlier issues.

If I want it or not, Guns for me do not NEED to serve a purpose. I have guns for specific reasons say Carry/long range/run and gun/Games etc. So there is always something that want just to play with or collect.

If I want it or not, Guns for me do not NEED to serve a purpose. I have guns for specific reasons say Carry/long range/run and gun/Games etc. So there is always something that want just to play with or collect.
We're a lot alike xdman :cool:

I have a wife and 6 kids so my decision would be a fit for all. My oldest likes the xdm 40 and my second oldest likes the 50ae. So far the rest aren't on the power trip.
I got the Desert Eagle in 50AE TEXASforLIFE. It's literally a blast to shoot. I'm think of buying just the new 429 slide DE, as the AE50 frame and mags are compatible with it (saves a bit on cost :sneaky: )

I don't have the option or "try before you buy" where I am from so my decision has a lot of research behind it. Obviously, it has to has to fit the particular need. It has to feel good in my hand and have the fuctionality I am looking for when I am studying it in the store.

Agreed Believer. I liked the the Gear Up promo so much, that in 2018 I bought their XD(M) 10mm, and XDs .45. I searched and searched for their XD.Mod2 .45 at about four local shops and couldn't find it. Promo ended 12/31/18 and around 12/15 I went to a hardware store in my state that was known to be a large gun dealer. They didn't have it there but claimed they could get it before the promo ended. on 12/28, it came in and I bought it. That year's promo, only gave you 3 extra mags and the range/pistol bag. I was always thinking "should I have gotten the XDe in .45 as well?" Not enough money then, but this year I see it with the promo of 5 additional mags, holster, bag and something else slipping my mind at the moment (besides the pistol that is), so I jumped on the .45 to complete the collection. :cool:
5 mags, a paddle holster, a double mag carrier, range bag, hard case.

Currently the new guns are an upgraded version of what I'm trading in or I have shot something a friend owns which causes research on my part and then a possible purchase. All are purchased with pleasure shooting or protection in mind.
I am waiting for an opportunity to shoot the Hellcat for a comparison to my P365 XL. After a few outings with the Hellcat if I'm convinced I shoot it better my decision will be new gun.

I got the Desert Eagle in 50AE TEXASforLIFE. It's literally a blast to shoot. I'm think of buying just the new 429 slide DE, as the AE50 frame and mags are compatible with it (saves a bit on cost :sneaky: )
At least all you need is a barrel, but what mags does it use.

I don't think Springfield Armory wants to run a Politics Forum. Lefties and Righties all own guns. Don't want to pi55 off potential customers (one way or the other). Unfortunately, it seems, only Righties know WHY we own guns. ;)
That will be my last not so political comment, so I'll stick too the gun application talk.

My reasons for buying a new gun have changed over the years, with most of the reasons being job related. Now retired, my reasons are more EDC related and since I'm older now eyesight change has become a major consideration. I am considering a pistol with a RDO, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that might not work for me. We don't have the luxury of having somewhere where we can rent a gun before we decide if we want to buy it.

Influencers in my purchase decision will include the basic ones like price, pistol quality and concealability. Other considerations will be RDO quality, reliability, and functionality.

Last edited:
My reasons for buying a new gun have changed over the years, with most of the reasons being job related. Now retired, my reasons are more EDC related and since I'm older now eyesight change has become a major consideration. I am considering a pistol with a RDO, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that might not work for me. We don't have the luxury of having somewhere where we can rent a gun before we decide if we want to buy it.

Influencers in my next purchase decision includes the basic ones like price,
A Vortex Venom is around the 2 Benjamins range and it's a favorite of mine. I also have Trijicon, Crimson Trace, Redfield, Sig and an EOTech.

Last edited:
Back