testtest

New gun owners: 2.5 million and counting with current events

Can't wait for all of the "lefties" that abruptly decided that they now need a firearm for protection to start running afoul of all the nonsensical laws they voted for over the last few decades.

A down side is with the copper mines closed in Chile contributing to the lack of ammo it may be nice to have guns but they are basically a pretty paperweight without ammo. Not to mention with all these new gun owners it would be nice if they had ammo to practice. The little 9mm I have found has been double the price it was only a few weeks ago. I am not going to pay $40 a box for 9mm ammo or $500 for a box of 500.

A down side is with the copper mines closed in Chile contributing to the lack of ammo it may be nice to have guns but they are basically a pretty paperweight without ammo. Not to mention with all these new gun owners it would be nice if they had ammo to practice. The little 9mm I have found has been double the price it was only a few weeks ago. I am not going to pay $40 a box for 9mm ammo or $500 for a box of 500.

You can still get decent prices online but it's hard because it sells out so quickly. Under .25 cpr for brass 9mm delivered is still possible.

You can still get decent prices online but it's hard because it sells out so quickly. Under .25 cpr for brass 9mm delivered is still possible.
I check my favorite 4 major suppliers for 9mm daily going through at least 7-10 pages of internet ammo. All OUT OF STOCK. The other day Natchez had some 9mm boxes for $17.50 by the time I ordered it was out of stock. I will not pay the bulk prices for 500 rounds that is more than the bulk price for 1000 rounds a couple of weeks ago.

Thought I'd entertain myself this weekend and go to a gun show. Two reasons. #1, see what they don't have. #2, see what the price is for what they DO have. It'll only cost me $5.00 for admission, so it'll be educational & entertaining.

Regards,
Bill

If you have a Bass Pro or Cabela's in you're area it maybe worth while to stop in to check what ammo they may have on the shelf. The Bass pro in my area has had Federal & Winchester 9mm brass for $11.99 a box of 50 with a 5 box max limit to purchase last week.

I was able to buy some 9mm, 6.5 creedmoor, & .223 last week there.

If you have a Bass Pro or Cabela's in you're area it maybe worth while to stop in to check what ammo they may have on the shelf. The Bass pro in my area has had Federal & Winchester 9mm brass for $11.99 a box of 50 with a 5 box max limit to purchase last week.

I was able to buy some 9mm, 6.5 creedmoor, & .223 last week there.

Its hit and miss but on Monday after the weekend I was shocked at about 10:30 they not only had a lot of 9mm but I scored Sigs 380 in a 200 count box for 79 dollars. Now that was rare and also cheep not to mention they still had about a 10 pack left. Heck I almost took out a house loan. LOL

Its hit and miss but on Monday after the weekend I was shocked at about 10:30 they not only had a lot of 9mm but I scored Sigs 380 in a 200 count box for 79 dollars. Now that was rare and also cheep not to mention they still had about a 10 pack left. Heck I almost took out a house loan. LOL
They had 300 round boxes of .380 for $109.00 at the local Bass Pro but I don't use that round much so I only keep a few hundred rounds on hand for practice.

They had 300 round boxes of .380 for $109.00 at the local Bass Pro but I don't use that round much.

Yea I just bought a Springfield 911 . 380 for carry most of the time. Still have my Hellcat but hate every Holster I tried but thats another story . I hate Kydex

But on to this story I can relate and im new to bigger than a 22 pistol owner. Honestly I reside in Scottsdale and when the protests went out of control or should say thieves made it that way and attacked Scotsdale Fashion Square , a upscale mall where my wife actually works and has her office . I got pissed off and went to the gun shop the next morning. The police watched and did nothing. So bought a P365 since sold that have a Hellcat and this new 911 and honestly im enjoying the hell out of shooting. Took a conceal class and have my permit but legally I dont need one in Arizona but I feel better with one. Im sure this story is very similar to many new owners. All of this situation is good in a way as it made us sit up and pay attention to our own safety. BTW happy to be here on this forum. Ive owned a photo forum for years and the folks here are nice and very helpful. I appreciate that

Yea I just bought a Springfield 911 . 380 for carry most of the time. Still have my Hellcat but hate every Holster I tried but thats another story . I hate Kydex

But on to this story I can relate and im new to bigger than a 22 pistol owner. Honestly I reside in Scottsdale and when the protests went out of control or should say thieves made it that way and attacked Scotsdale Fashion Square , a upscale mall where my wife actually works and has her office . I got pissed off and went to the gun shop the next morning. The police watched and did nothing. So bought a P365 since sold that have a Hellcat and this new 911 and honestly im enjoying the hell out of shooting. Took a conceal class and have my permit but legally I dont need one in Arizona but I feel better with one. Im sure this story is very similar to many new owners. All of this situation is good in a way as it made us sit up and pay attention to our own safety. BTW happy to be here on this forum. Ive owned a photo forum for years and the folks here are nice and very helpful. I appreciate that
If you don't like kydex you may want to checkout Muddy River Tactical for a really comfortable great quality leather holster. They have been my go to for everyday carry holsters for a couple years now.

Some people have a concern when using leather holster that the material may accidently get folded into the trigger guard when holstering your weapon potentially causing an accidental discharge. I've never experienced this myself but I am also very careful when holstering in any type of holster.

There is never a good reason to holster fast take your time and be safe with whatever you choose.

Last edited:
Back