testtest

New Hellcat feeding issues

The only thing I could say right off the bat is the Hellcat is a very small gun and the kinds of issues you’re mentioning are often a result of poor grip or form. I would suggest shooting from a braced position and/or let the RSO dump a mag. You wouldn’t believe how many long time shooters pick up a micro-compact and have problems at first.

I appreciate the feedback,.. I considered that, except I rented the range's Hellcat prior to acquiring mine and didn't have a single issue with it. I also rented a Glock compact,.. (48 or 45 I can't remember). I didnt have any issues with that weapon either.

Springfield warranty had it for two weeks and I just got it back. Haven't had a chance to run any rounds thru it yet, but plan to this weekend.

They wouldn't tell me whether or not they could reproduce the issue,… But they polished the chamber and feed ramp and it looks significantly different than it did when I first purchased it.

This is what it looked like when it was jamming,…

IMG_2656.JPG

This is after polishing,..
(...I have no idea what those marks are. It's not excess lube as it didn't wipe off.)

IMG_3052.JPG

I read the earlier posts about making sure that the feed ramp was all bright and shiny and as you can see initially mine wasn't that even looks like it had rough striations on it,… Was that slowing down the feeding of the rounds? Would that have been why it was failing to return the battery properly?

I'm a little miffed that I can't get any details from Springfield but I've been informed that that's pretty much the way they work. :Shrug :

I appreciate the feedback,.. I considered that, except I rented the range's Hellcat prior to acquiring mine and didn't have a single issue with it. I also rented a Glock compact,.. (48 or 45 I can't remember). I didnt have any issues with that weapon either.

Springfield warranty had it for two weeks and I just got it back. Haven't had a chance to run any rounds thru it yet, but plan to this weekend.

They wouldn't tell me whether or not they could reproduce the issue,… But they polished the chamber and feed ramp and it looks significantly different than it did when I first purchased it.

This is what it looked like when it was jamming,…

View attachment 11341

This is after polishing,..
(...I have no idea what those marks are. It's not excess lube as it didn't wipe off.)

View attachment 11342

I read the earlier posts about making sure that the feed ramp was all bright and shiny and as you can see initially mine wasn't that even looks like it had rough striations on it,… Was that slowing down the feeding of the rounds? Would that have been why it was failing to return the battery properly?

I'm a little miffed that I can't get any details from Springfield but I've been informed that that's pretty much the way they work. :Shrug :
Your not taking into account the HellCat you rented probably had a ton of rounds through it and yours is still breaking in so keep shooting it and concentrate on your grip as mentioned in a previous post.

Hey guys new here. I just purchased a Hellcat OSP. Finally had a chance to take it to the range yesterday. Love the gun!!! Although I was having feeding issues with factory loads and reloads. I was shooting Federal American Eagle 147 grain and the reloads were 115 grain. All of the rounds were round nose and the magazine that was giving me fits was the 13 round. I’ve researched online and could not find anything. Anyone one have issues with this magazine? I have sent an email to Springfield to see what they think as well. That was last night so I don’t expect a response until next week. As of now I would not trust my 13 round mag to carry.

Thanks in advance for any info.
I bought a Hellcat, had one feed issue with flat head fmj. One is too many. Never have had a issue with my glocks

Hey Everyone,
I’m new here but took my new Hellcat out yesterday fired one shot and immediately jammed when loading second round. I am unable to clear round. Magazine is out slide is approximately 1/4” from forward position. I am able to manipulate it front to back maybe an 1/8” in each direction. I am unable to remove slide. Help!?!

Hey Everyone,
I’m new here but took my new Hellcat out yesterday fired one shot and immediately jammed when loading second round. I am unable to clear round. Magazine is out slide is approximately 1/4” from forward position. I am able to manipulate it front to back maybe an 1/8” in each direction. I am unable to remove slide. Help!?!
My suggestion would be to find an LGS with a gunsmith onsite that can help you.

Hey Everyone,
Yeah take it to a gun shop or smith. Have it in a holster (or case if you don’t have a holster) and DONT take it into the shop. Go inside and describe the problem and let them decide how to get your Hellcat. If you take it to a range/LGS ask them to function test it for you.

Has anyone ran Lehigh defense ammo through their hellcat yet? I've heard the shape of the round can be hard to cycle on some pistols. Its what I want to carry with but I can't seem to get a couple boxes for carry and for run-through. Thanks
Yes I have shoot all lehighs defense ammo through my hellcat no issues.. 90gr xd 90+p xd 90gr +p+ xd and 68gr +p.. All no issues! Not one! Love the 90gr +p shoot well over 500rds currently running 500rds of the 68gr +p no issues at all this is underwood loaded. Have a blessed day

Hey guys new here. I just purchased a Hellcat OSP. Finally had a chance to take it to the range yesterday. Love the gun!!! Although I was having feeding issues with factory loads and reloads. I was shooting Federal American Eagle 147 grain and the reloads were 115 grain. All of the rounds were round nose and the magazine that was giving me fits was the 13 round. I’ve researched online and could not find anything. Anyone one have issues with this magazine? I have sent an email to Springfield to see what they think as well. That was last night so I don’t expect a response until next week. As of now I would not trust my 13 round mag to carry.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Hey brother this weekend I was shooting federal 115 grain Full metal jacket in one of them blew up in my gun inside my hellcat. I was using an extended mag and it blew down through the magwell and blew out the remaining seven rounds out the bottom destroying the extended mag and there was heat from the bullet that it warmed the the polymer and kind of bubbled it out on the right side of the gun just below the slide right at the trigger pin and made my trigger pin slide out somewhat I believe I'm going to need a whole new lower I'm not sure if it's the ammo or the gun that's having a hard time feeding the ammo I think it's the guns defect. The gun should be able to feed any ammo you put into it that is 9 mm. Just for your information quit using federal ammo in Springfield hellcats I still love the ****ing gun just don't use federal ammo

Back