testtest

New here~ Just got an Operator!

If you want to stay in the Hornaday family, check out their Critical Duty and Critical Defense JHP loads. They're pretty popular (along with Federal HST and Speer Gold Dot) with LEOs and they review very well in ballistic tests for barrier blindness and proper penetration without over-penetration.
The rubber tipped Hornady CD loads don't feed well in some guns. Usually guns with less than stellar feed ramps. I have a few .45s. Somewhere between more than you and less than @BET7 ;) I run HST in all of them.

I have a new Operator as well, very nice pistol, still going through "break in" so to speak. I've found that the trigger is a bit on the heavy side of things, but I'm sure it will smooth out with a lot more shooting. That said, I have inquired with Springfield about sending it in, and have a trigger job performed on it. I'll shoot it for a while first.

The rubber tipped Hornady CD loads don't feed well in some guns. Usually guns with less than stellar feed ramps. I have a few .45s. Somewhere between more than you and less than @BET7 ;) I run HST in all of them.

TBH feed ramp work and some slide/frame fitting are probably gonna be things I send the girl out to. Probably to WC. I haven't heard much about how the extractor is on the new/current Op but at least the port's beveled.

What do you mean, "you only have 2":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. You can't make us believe you only have 2 and not even for each hand! The US military doesn't have your arsenal.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::censored:
🤔 well, not sure how many TRP’s the U.S. Military has (Springfield has discontinued the TRP model from what I’ve heard), but I only have two of them. I do have 5 Sig P320s (Current military sidearm M17/M18), and seven different models of the Beretta M9/92s (previous military side arm), and 10 1911s (TRPs included (military sidearm before the Beretta)), so maybe I could supply 2 or 3 squads (approaching Platoon size), with their sidearms. Now my entire collection 🤫, we’re talking Company size 😉😆😂🤣

🤔 well, not sure how many TRP’s the U.S. Military has (Springfield has discontinued the TRP model from what I’ve heard), but I only have two of them. I do have 5 Sig P320s (Current military sidearm M17/M18), and seven different models of the Beretta M9/92s (previous military side arm), and 10 1911s (TRPs included (military sidearm before the Beretta)), so maybe I could supply 2 or 3 squads (approaching Platoon size), with their sidearms. Now my entire collection 🤫, we’re talking Company size 😉😆😂🤣
1647792728942.png

Just one of his walls in his bathroom..........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

View attachment 25773
Just one of his walls in his b11

I really like the P320. I want to get an M17 next probably, or the X Carry Legion, I don't know. Probably might depend on the deals and my LGS.

2. HOLY ****.. OK I'm jealous

I have a new Operator as well, very nice pistol, still going through "break in" so to speak. I've found that the trigger is a bit on the heavy side of things, but I'm sure it will smooth out with a lot more shooting. That said, I have inquired with Springfield about sending it in, and have a trigger job performed on it. I'll shoot it for a while first.
Interesting I’m not the only one. I used a Lyman digital scale and did compared it to RO compact. I was getting 5 and half pound pulls on the operator consistently over like 10 pulls and only 4 and half on RO. After shooting yesterday, almost 100 rounds, I am now getting high 4lb pulls, around 4lb 12 ounce average. Still same with RO at 4 and half. So it might smooth out but if you already shot it, I don’t know how much more it would drop.

Back