testtest

New Lawnmower

N

nmedge

A few years ago I purchased a Honda self propelled lawnmower. It was the best and greatest. The problem was it only liked to run on canned 92 octane gas that I purchased at Lowes. It was $20 a gallon! Since I have a very small grassed area it really didn't bother me. Yesterday I finally got sick and tired of the gas price and went to the local Stihl dealer and traded the Honda in. The battery model is really all I need and it does do a great job of cutting the yard. This mower should last for years and hopefully the yard will survive the latest heat wave! Its like an oven out there!
IMG_2002.jpeg

I have a postage stamp yard in the burbs.
Grew up on 500 acres and needed a riding mower and a tractor.

Well, I want to go back to a riding mower and some large stretch of grass… cant wait to leave this hellhole

Nice, these are suppose to be the top….gas engines at least. I just bought a Stihl gas leaf blower, never had one in 35 yrs of homeownership. The heavy 21” Husqvarna gas push mower is acting up, needs FWD gear, plastic wheels worn down, discharges mulched grass clumps to one side, and beside all that it’s just getting too heavy to push around.

Can’t say if I’ll ever go electric, I do like the quiet and the no-stink - so convince me.

Since I have 4 separate areas of lawn to trim, for me I’d probably need an extra battery or two ($$$) to finish an hour and a half runtime task. My problem is sometimes I miss the weekly cut schedule by a day or two, due to rain, lazy, motorcylin‘ or combination thereof, the tall fescue is big load even on the gas engine…and in growing season thats as frequent as every 5 days. So electric for me might not be ideal under certain conditions including economically ($800 range?).

So come back with the trial details… lightweight? Ease of maneuvering? Run times, grass heights, mulching capabilities and how about wet grass cutting issues? And if it’s too wet to cut, will that excess moisture cause internal corrosion?
Oh, Made in USA?

Nice, these are suppose to be the top….gas engines at least. I just bought a Stihl gas leaf blower, never had one in 35 yrs of homeownership. The heavy 21” Husqvarna gas push mower is acting up, needs FWD gear, plastic wheels worn down, discharges mulched grass clumps to one side, and beside all that it’s just getting too heavy to push around.

Can’t say if I’ll ever go electric, I do like the quiet and the no-stink - so convince me.

Since I have 4 separate areas of lawn to trim, for me I’d probably need an extra battery or two ($$$) to finish an hour and a half runtime task. My problem is sometimes I miss the weekly cut schedule by a day or two, due to rain, lazy, motorcylin‘ or combination thereof, the tall fescue is big load even on the gas engine…and in growing season thats as frequent as every 5 days. So electric for me might not be ideal under certain conditions including economically ($800 range?).

So come back with the trial details… lightweight? Ease of maneuvering? Run times, grass heights, mulching capabilities and how about wet grass cutting issues? And if it’s too wet to cut, will that excess moisture cause internal corrosion?
Oh, Made in USA?
Yes made in USA. Says not to cut wet grass, also cannot hose off after cutting. It is battery so water a no no. It is real easy to push. Because of heat I am cutting at 3" now. Machine will cut from 1"- 4". Run time is 45min to one hour and if battery is completely empty takes 1 hour to recharge. Being in the desert water is usually not a problem. It may not be what you want up north or in rainy areas of the country but for here it is perfect. It will bag, mulch, and side discharge. I usually bag my grass.

Reminds me of an old John Deere commercial some 30 or 35 years ago. It starts out with the wife in front of a sink washing dishes in front of a large window looking out into the back yard of your typical 40 x 80 northeastern lot. Off camera you hear the husband shout to the wife "I'm going to mow the lawn". The engine starts and through the window you see this huge combine pass by with the dishes rattling in the drainer. Four seconds later, the engine noise dies down and you hear the husband shout "Honey, I'm done mowing the lawn". The commercial cuts to the front yard where they have a riding mower sitting on the driveway with the announcer praising the virtues of the JD product.

I have searched the web looking for that commercial for years but have been unable to find it. If any of you find the link, please message me. I would love to see it again.

My niece just bought her first house. I am restoring a nice Troy Built mower for her, but I suggested a battery powered weedeater. 2 cycle engines don't last now that all gas is ethanolized.
I bought one of these 3 years ago and it is still going strong. However my stepdaughter seems to have latched on to it for her own. LOL

I was impressed at the power it has.

Back