testtest

"New" Magpul T-Mag.

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The TMAG™ 30 AR/M4 GEN M3®. It is the lead product in a new line of translucent magazines made with an Olive Drab Translucent material, and it’s the first translucent magazine that meets our GEN M3 standards. It's also the only see-through magazine that passes the strict Department of Defense Test Operation Procedure for full weapons drops, as well as other dust and chemical reliability tests.

1705364414924.png

The new TMAG is STANAG-compatible and allow shooters to visibly verify various ammunition types as well as round count. Externally, ribbed front and rear straps provide a textured surface to securely grip the TMAG during magazine changes, yet the sides are left smooth to ensure visibility. The TMAG uses similar internal geometry as our PMAG to ensure unmatched reliability when firing and has an external profile similar to our EMAG.

The four-way, anti-tilt follower is paired with a durable USGI-spec, stainless-steel spring. The spring has a painted coil that, in conjunction with raised numbers next to the TMAG’s rear spine, maintains the “gas gauge” capability from our “Window” magazine product line, even when the rounds are in the magazine well. The paint-pen dot matrix allows for aftermarket markings to be applied by shooters. The TMAG’s low-profile floor plate also allows for compatibility with the full line of Magpul floor-plate accessories.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the metal feed lips anymore to be honest. The old aluminum mags tended to bend and need massaging. I've yet to have any problems with any Magpul magazines.
Too bad I cannot buy or own any of these or I would be on them like stink on a skunk!
I did like the window mags.

I'm not a fan of the metal feed lips anymore to be honest. The old aluminum mags tended to bend and need massaging. I've yet to have any problems with any Magpul magazines.
Too bad I cannot buy or own any of these or I would be on them like stink on a skunk!
I did like the window mags.
Other than 308win in AR's there are feeding issues with .470-.473" bolt faced cartridges not feeding reliably. The metal makes "tweaking" them possible unlike poly mags. The 6.5creed feeds fine, but the 243win and 260rem don't feed as well. I have a tool from h/s the adjust feed lips and a chart from them that came with the tool for best feeding. Most are single stack single feed numbers.

Tell me about it. I am embarrassed about how many of those things I have. Ticks my wife off. " What's this $70 charge?"
" They had P mags on sale". I'm running out of places to stash them.

Every time Primary Arms puts their big backpacks on sale for $20/ea I get one or two, then proceed to fill them with P Mags over the course of the next few months. It's a real problem.

Ports are fine. I don't think it is a good idea to let everyone around you know how many rounds you have left.

Do you REALLY think anyone is going to have the time to notice this in a gunfight, though?

Sounds like a plot device in a bad action movie…
I think you underestimate the average street level gang banger. They are mostly savants who can count rounds in the blink of an eye. Now think of the possibilities, you make a fake see thru magazine with no rounds paibted on it. Then the gang bangers laugh so hard at your empty rifle you can just pop them as they roll on the ground.

I gotta stop reading this stuff after pre-dinner cocktails...

I think you underestimate the average street level gang banger. They are mostly savants who can count rounds in the blink of an eye. Now think of the possibilities, you make a fake see thru magazine with no rounds paibted on it. Then the gang bangers laugh so hard at your empty rifle you can just pop them as they roll on the ground.

I gotta stop reading this stuff after pre-dinner cocktails...
Welcome to my world…;)

Do you REALLY think anyone is going to have the time to notice this in a gunfight, though?

Sounds like a plot device in a bad action movie…
Yes. But just lump it in with all the other things that have a tiny chance of ever happening. Like getting in a gunfight, for example. 😉

I've never seen the feed lips of a PMag fail under regular use that doesn't include hitting them with a hammer and/or putting the feed lips in a vise and tightening until failure.

Back