testtest

New OSP Owner

Welcome to the forum, you will love that Hellcat, I got one this spring
F93EA0FD-2423-4AB9-81D6-D1A3A2523764.jpeg

My first was the full size XD in 45 acp. Before the XD, the 1911 was by far my favorite hand gun. The XD was now a close second. I had to keep in mind that one is a striker fire so it was apples to apples. That said, now I have two favorites, until the Hellcat. Go figure, now I have three favorites 🤪

My first was the full size XD in 45 acp. Before the XD, the 1911 was by far my favorite hand gun. The XD was now a close second. I had to keep in mind that one is a striker fire so it was apples to apples. That said, now I have two favorites, until the Hellcat. Go figure, now I have three favorites 🤪
I'm a .45ACP fan myself, IMI Jericho 941, good enough for Israeli issue... Was looking to buy a 1911, and will at some point, but I saw this in FDE and I do not own a true CCW or a 9mm so rather than search and wait for 1911 of choice I grabbed the last in stock OSP!

Also a SA fan, love my range officer and emp4". Taking my son shooting today with both as well as my Italian MP Beretta 92S, which was customized by Wilson Combat. Next time it will be the AR and the Henry. Have been eyeballing the RDP for a while, think that might have to be a late Xmas present since nobody got one for me. 😉

Correct me if I am wrong, but since the "Transfer" of IMI to the privately held IWI, the only thing IMI manufactures now is ammunition correct?
IMI (state run) then bought privately by IMI Systems or Ta'as was privately purchased wholly by Elbit Systems in 11/2018. And IMHO the end of all that fantastic fail-proof Israeli Issue small arms. I absolutely cherish my 941 FS .45ACP. Until now the only handgun I've ever owned, : )

Quick ?, you have the OSP and non-OSP and you EDC the non-OSP. Do you have optics on the OSP model and does it interfere with IWB carry.
I have the standard optic from Springfield that came with the OSP that I bought. I actually bought it for my wife and she preferred her Ruger LCR so I have two of them now. I like the OSP but because of the optic, I prefer to carry the non OSP. It is just what I am comfortable with. I have been an iron sight type of guy my whole life (60 years old) and it is what I am used to. I don't think the OSP would interfere carrying it in the waist. It would depend on the holster and I use the Galco and it works great.

I have the OSP model as well but have yet to purchase an optic. This gun quickly became my main carry due to its size, capacity and reliability. I’m not sure about carrying it with an optic mounted. I used to visit the regularly. If I start going back more frequently, I might just pick up an optic. Has anyone installed, sighted in, then removed and replaced one? Does it keep the settings or do you start all over again and sight in again?

I have the OSP model as well but have yet to purchase an optic. This gun quickly became my main carry due to its size, capacity and reliability. I’m not sure about carrying it with an optic mounted. I used to visit the regularly. If I start going back more frequently, I might just pick up an optic. Has anyone installed, sighted in, then removed and replaced one? Does it keep the settings or do you start all over again and sight in again?

Stcvmax- Unless the optic is battery side drawer type, you will have to remove the optic and zero it again. This also applies to any lasers mounted on your pistols although you won't need adhesives for them in most cases.. My Shield RMSc on the Hellcat has the battery on the bottom, so I have to zero again after battery replacement. It takes me 5 rounds or less to do. The time consuming part of this is removing the blue Loctite 242 from the screws and the mounting holes, reapplying to the screws, then letting it cure for a day after the remount, then to the range to zero. Shield claims battery life of 2 years, but I change it yearly to be sure that it'll be there when I need it most even though 100% co-witness of the iron sights is always available. I use one of my other EDC's until I get to the range, giving the Hellcat a day or 2 off in the safe.

Stcvmax- Forgot to mention that you will need a torque driver to set correct tension for the screws and you only need a tiny drop of Loctite 242 on each screw about halfway up, being careful not to drop any into the mounting holes. Shield recommends 15 inch pounds of torque which is what I use for mine. I haven't ever lost zero yet. The red dot takes practice to master but, for me, it was well worth the time as target acquisition speed and accuracy improved. Enjoy!

Back