testtest

New P226-XFIVE Legion up for Pre-order

Look at it this way. If your dream gun is a Stacatto XC, you can be expected to shell out $4400 or more. That's out of the price range of most people.

But for the mere price of $2249 you can order a Sig X-FIVE Legion that has almost identical specs including the built in compensator. That's HALF PRICE and a screaming bargain by comparison.

See, if you've been holding off buying a X-FIVE Legion because of it's cost, I've solved your problem for you.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. It is a lot of money for sure, but Sig will sell a ton of them.

Most of your lower level premium guns start at about the $2000+ range nowadays. Then you get to the higher level premium at $3000 and up.

I too hope that it's worth the money, and I have one on order.
When the German made Sig X-FIVE was being made, people jumped in line to spend $4-5000 for one because it was considered to be one of the premium firearms in the world. Now that the Sig X-FIVE is made in the US, most experts agreed that the new model was a bargain. It had arguably the same quality and features as it's German made brother, but at half the cost.
I think many consider the X-FIVE to be overpriced because we've all been spoiled by the polymer wonders of the last few years. We forget that producing an all metal firearm with a high degree of precision and hand fitting just costs more. The Sig classics, the P226, P229 for example are close, but still don't have quite the built in quality and precision of the X-FIVE IMO.
Another thing that hurts it is that at the same time it is being introduced, the X-FIVE's MSRP is jumping by $200, but then so is the regular X-FIVE. But then everything is increasing in price. The P320 can be had in the $500-600 range or even less, but a fully loaded AXG aluminum frame model with all the bells and whistles can cost $1400. That's the price we pay for more features and more precision.
A lot of the price of the X-FIVE can be attributed to a bit more attention to detail, a bit of hand fitting, and a lot of unnecessary but highly desirable bling. We just have to decide whether all of that is worth the premium price.

And SOLT OUT, SIG proudly announcing it, these guys are funny

1696862564010.png

Will do as soon as I can.

I sure wasn't expecting to get it this soon. I was told 8 - 12 weeks so I wasn't really expecting it until late November. Funny thing is they are already popping up at dealers and on Gunbroker.
Interesting! I have to check the LGS around here, at least one of them is on SIG's good grace, they were chosen to have the only initial MCX Spear rifle (the low production $8000 one) in NH. Might even drive to Epping to see if they have one on display at least... But then going there is yet another willpower battle I now I cannot win and I'll bring home a Spear with a Tango 6T on it :p

Last edited:
Back