testtest

New P226-XFIVE Legion up for Pre-order

Interesting! I have to check the LGS around here, at least one of them is on SIG's good grace, they were chosen to have the only initial MCX Spear rifle (the low production $8000 one) in NH. Might even drive to Epping to see if they have one on display at least... But then going there is yet another willpower battle I now I cannot win and I'll bring home a Spear with a Tango 6T on it :p
If you find one to look at and decide you like it, you can either buy local if the price is right, or order from places like these. Many times you will find free shipping and no sales tax which can help a lot with overall price. I've purchased from KYGUNCO several times and they are great to deal with.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/798681639755

Isn't it nice to have so many people on this forum helping you to spend your money?

If you find one to look at and decide you like it, you can either buy local if the price is right, or order from places like these. Many times you will find free shipping and no sales tax which can help a lot with overall price. I've purchased from KYGUNCO several times and they are great to deal with.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/798681639755

Isn't it nice to have so many people on this forum helping you to spend your money?
Oh, I'm not going to try hard to see one as I know I'm going to like it and it's going to be yet another unfortunate credit card experience :p I would be interested in range report for sure!

@Pro DigyII......hope this doesn't put too much pressure on you, but I picked up my new X-FIVE Legion. Absolutely beautiful, if I say so myself. Buttery smooooooth, and a 2lb 6oz trigger.

Lots of money no doubt, but the Sig X-FIVEs have a feel and a presence that not a lot of other pistols can compete with.

Attachments

• 20231011_150009 [1280x768].jpg
    20231011_150009 [1280x768].jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20231011_155351 [1280x768].jpg
    20231011_155351 [1280x768].jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20231011_155738 [1280x768].jpg
    20231011_155738 [1280x768].jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 47
Interesting! I have to check the LGS around here, at least one of them is on SIG's good grace, they were chosen to have the only initial MCX Spear rifle (the low production $8000 one) in NH. Might even drive to Epping to see if they have one on display at least... But then going there is yet another willpower battle I now I cannot win and I'll bring home a Spear with a Tango 6T on it :p
Northeast Munitions in Merrimack has a Spear for sale at the store for half that price.

Northeast Munitions in Merrimack has a Spear for sale at the store for half that price.

Oh yeah, the normal one is "cheaper", haven't checked if we can get MIL discount on that (definitely not with SHOOTSIG, only LT is discounted there), I can on the Tango for sure.

$4,200 is MSRP for the current Spear, but the original 500 or so released to the public last year, very much like the M17/M18 commemorative, were an obnoxious $8,000. Shooters Outpost in Merrimack was the "chosen one" by SIG. I was there when the SIG rep told Jack at GSIR that they weren't getting one, he was gutted.

These still sold out right away, although I don't know if SO has it on the wall or sold it... It's just a matter of time before I get one, as soon as it goes for $10 under MSRP, I might jump on the good deal :LOL:

The $8K Sig Spear version was the 2 tax stamp (suppressor and SBR) model initially offered to the civilian market after Sig won the military contract. It was offered with the suppressor and short barrel thus increasing the price. I've seen the 762x51 Spear drop in price (without suppressor or shorten barrel) from the $6K mark to now about the price you linked in your post. Heck even the Spear LT is now the price of what Sig sells their MCX Rattlers, Canebreak, and Virtus for. I'm waiting for the model chambered in 277 Fury and then I might get one (even though it appears barrel swaps are quick and any base model caliber rifle (currently only 762x51), would get your foot in the door so to speak (just buy the barrel in the other calibers (6.5 CM, 6.8/277 Fury)).

The $8K Sig Spear version was the 2 tax stamp (suppressor and SBR) model initially offered to the civilian market after Sig won the military contract. It was offered with the suppressor and short barrel thus increasing the price. I've seen the 762x51 Spear drop in price (without suppressor or shorten barrel) from the $6K mark to now about the price you linked in your post. Heck even the Spear LT is now the price of what Sig sells their MCX Rattlers, Canebreak, and Virtus for. I'm waiting for the model chambered in 277 Fury and then I might get one (even though it appears barrel swaps are quick and any base model caliber rifle (currently only 762x51), would get your foot in the door so to speak (just buy the barrel in the other calibers (6.5 CM, 6.8/277 Fury)).

Yeah, I'm on the fence between waiting for Fury or getting a 308... Part of me is thinking "why not both?" but I think that would have me sleep on the couch for an extended period of time :D

Yeah, I'm on the fence between waiting for Fury or getting a 308... Part of me is thinking "why not both?" but I think that would have me sleep on the couch for an extended period of time :D
Yeah, that's where buy the whole gun in one caliber and just the barrels in the other calibers, is the cheaper option. If I only knew that when I bought my Sig 5.5" 300 BLK Rattler ($2400) and then my 5.5" 556 Rattler ($2400), when I just could have bought those caliber barrels for just $700 and swapped them in and out 🤦‍♂️. Live and learn 💸:confused:

Here's a short video from Gun Talk on Sig's new P226 XFIVE Legion.

"Phil Strader of Sig Sauer joins Guns & Gear’s Ryan Gresham in the studio to unveil the new P226 XFIVE Legion. With a Legion Gray Cerakote slide with an integrated expansion chamber, Legion TXG grip panels, a flat-faced fully adjustable AX3 Trigger and more enhancements, the P226 XFIVE Legion is an exceptional shooter. Then, join Phil and Guns & Gear’s Chris Cerino on the range as they prove that point."

Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen that one yet.

One question I've never seen answered is why the aluminum frame? I know that the aluminum frame reduces weight, but then Sig uses the TXG (tungsten infused grip panels), which weigh 3 times more than a regular G10 grip, to add weight.
To me that seems odd.

What we wind up with is a X-FIVE Legion that is only about 3 ounces less in weight than the X-FIVE Classic (42.4 oz vs 45.6 oz). Why not stick with the normal steel frame and use the lighter G-10 grips? It just seems strange to go through all of that trouble to engineer an aluminum frame to save only 3 oz, unless it's cheaper and easier to manufacture and machine an aluminum frame.

The only other reason I can think of is that it takes weight off the front of the gun, but adds it to the rear where it could possible change the balance a bit, but I doubt that it could even be felt. And then most of the time you see a big honking light on the gun rail which just adds the weight back on to the front.

Any ideas?

Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen that one yet.

One question I've never seen answered is why the aluminum frame? I know that the aluminum frame reduces weight, but then Sig uses the TXG (tungsten infused grip panels), which weigh 3 times more than a regular G10 grip, to add weight.
To me that seems odd.

What we wind up with is a X-FIVE Legion that is only about 3 ounces less in weight than the X-FIVE Classic (42.4 oz vs 45.6 oz). Why not stick with the normal steel frame and use the lighter G-10 grips? It just seems strange to go through all of that trouble to engineer an aluminum frame to save only 3 oz, unless it's cheaper and easier to manufacture and machine an aluminum frame.

The only other reason I can think of is that it takes weight off the front of the gun, but adds it to the rear where it could possible change the balance a bit, but I doubt that it could even be felt. And then most of the time you see a big honking light on the gun rail which just adds the weight back on to the front.

Any ideas?

Okay so hopefully someone that knows for certain can answer this but I do have an idea. So I heard this on honest outlaw review of the X-five classic. It was that the 45.6 ounces actually made the gun to heavy for certain pistol competitions. Therefore, it couldn’t be used in those divisions, I believe USPCA production division is limited to 45 ounces empty mag. Since the X-Five does seem more geared to competition shooting, I can see why they would want to lighten it up a bit on the legion version. I think the USPCA carry optic division is 59 ounces, but the x-five classic didn’t come optic ready if I recall correctly.

Back