testtest

New Remington SS 1911 coming to my LGS..>!!!!!

I just got off the innerweb at Remington, I can’t find a single place there to register your guns, that’s totally unacceptable and still shows that Remington still has sub-par customer service……
If John Moses Browning had thought you needed customer service with a 1911 he would have invented that too.

Or something like that. Two world wars, blah, blah, blah.

F7D55EFF-641F-4F3E-BAA2-A8840086CB8A.gif

If John Moses Browning had thought you needed customer service with a 1911 he would have invented that too.

Or something like that. Two world wars, blah, blah, blah.

View attachment 36248
Methinks your Signess has scrambled what little brain matter you got left, I think you suffer from dropped to many p320’s after effects, only cure for this is…….wait for it…….wait……….GLOCK PERFECTION!

9E72B3A7-4210-41D0-A4E4-6AB390DE413A.gif

Are you sure it is brand new? Like made recently. I haven't seen anything about brand new remingtons and i have looked! My LGS said he has heard nothing about it
well, the serial number is very low

it was made in Huntsville, AL

i do not know when Remington moved down there, was it before or after they were bought out..???

if after the buyout, then i'd be thinking it is all new

my last R1 was built in NY, way before the lawsuits/bankruptcy/buyout.

i just read, Remington went bankrupt in 2020, that's when i bought my first R1, in June of that year, made in NY

I just got off the innerweb at Remington, I can’t find a single place there to register your guns, that’s totally unacceptable and still shows that Remington still has sub-par customer service……
and that's what i went thru as well....

at the very least, let us register any gun, rifle or pistol for any recalls, if not for any repairs.

well, i can do "some" small repairs, and i have a local gunsmith if need be.

this is yet another reason why i say, let the introductory price of $700, be THE price for good, rather than the more uppity $1,090.

i think i can easily live with a $700 gun needing repairs under warranty, than a $1,000+ and NOT GETTING ANYTHING repaired by the factory....

still overall, a pretty darned good gun.......(for the money)

and in one link i provided, there IS a Remington repair shop down in FL, that i saved for future use.

You're worrying about something you may not ever need. I looked at their website under support and they basically say you don't need a warranty. If you have issues, send it in and after their evaluation, they will determine whether it's free or not. That may not be comforting, but I'm wondering if they are trying to emulate Ruger, who will fix any gun no matter if you're the original owner or not.

You're worrying about something you may not ever need. I looked at their website under support and they basically say you don't need a warranty. If you have issues, send it in and after their evaluation, they will determine whether it's free or not. That may not be comforting, but I'm wondering if they are trying to emulate Ruger, who will fix any gun no matter if you're the original owner or not.
That’s not the first time I’ve seen something like that.

not so much being worried over nothing, but every single gun that i bought, i was able to at least register that purchase. if not specifically for any warranty repairs, but for any recalls, which with guns, does happen, and i'd want to be notified if my serial number falls in that range of numbers for any recalls.

such was the case with the NIB S&W EZ 380 that i bought from my buddy's sister. that model was under recall, she did not know it, as she did not register it, but i told her i found out, and she should check. she did., and found it was not in that recall.

now, had i bought that gun, then i'd have to go thru the rigermorol of sending it in......why should i have been bothered to do that, when the original owner should have..????

registration (to me) to the factory is important for such reasons.

Back