testtest

new Rock Island 22

Old_Me

Ronin
thru my club, i got a business card for a (new to me) gunsmith/gun store, so i went there last week.

i have a buddy at the range, that has the RIA 22 magnum, # 51996 (looks like a 1911)

it's the "lower end" of that line.

he let my shoot it a couple of weeks ago, and wow.......

i had to have 1.

so this new LGS/smith, put one on order for me, came in yesterday, picked it up this morning.

took it home, took it all apart, and in typical RIA fashion, it was soaked in preservative "oil"

unlike my very last purchase (couple of weeks ago) of the 1911 A1, that was bone dry..!!

anyway, a bit difficult to strip, and reassemble, and there is a tiny pin that one must watch for, cuz if you lose it, you're screwed...

at about the 3:15 point of the video, it shows this tiny pin

my buddy does not mess with taking apart his, he just sprays it all down.

i tear down my guns.

anyways, like my previous 2 RIA's, this one also came with a spent shell casing, but also the target!.

this one only comes with 1, 14 rd mag, and right now, no mags available for it, (sold out)

1 box of 50, 22 mags cost about $20.

now my G44, has a big brother...

off to the range monday, IF nothing pops up here.

1660429385235.png

I have an earlier version of the XTM-22. It saw a lot more action when .22 WMR ammo was $7.99 a box, but it's still one of my favorite range toys. I've been shooting it since 2019 and have yet to have a malfunction. I think the open-slide design makes the XT Series some of the most reliable rimfire semi-autos on the market. Enjoy the new gun.

I have an earlier version of the XTM-22. It saw a lot more action when .22 WMR ammo was $7.99 a box, but it's still one of my favorite range toys. I've been shooting it since 2019 and have yet to have a malfunction. I think the open-slide design makes the XT Series some of the most reliable rimfire semi-autos on the market. Enjoy the new gun.
Looks like a fun addition
yeah, thanks...i love my Glock G-44..i really had no desire to ever own a .22LR, or a magnum.

but, during the pandemic, many other calibers were hard to find, or the prices were thru the roof. a RSO recommended a .22, for the cheaper ammo, and at the very least, still skill shooting practice.

i have come to thoroughly enjoy the .22 lr, which i also feed my G-44 the "mini-mags" as well, and just like a glock, it eats and begs for more.

took the RIA, 22 mag to the range, shot off 100 rds, and it was a blast.

i could care less the targets, i was having way too much fun shooting in rapid fire...

the guy that has one, was there too, he had his, he was at one end of the range and me at the other, and we were going at it in rapid fire.

his brother, and another buddy of ours was there, laughing thier butts off at all the noise, and they dubbed us the "machine gun kelly twins"....

way too much fun today......

and a most fantastic 22 caliber from RIA....

When I got may current copy of Firearm News out of the mailbox it had a picture of Walther's new pistol, the .22WMR. Seems like a lot of new .22 mag offerings are showing up. Old_Me enjoy you new pistol. You might even be tempted to carry it concealed later on.

1660583001905.png

Last edited:
Just got the new edition of Handguns Magazine and guess what---Walther 22 mag is also on the cover! Just wish it didn't cost $529!

Just got the new edition of Handguns Magazine and guess what---Walther 22 mag is also on the cover! Just wish it didn't cost $529!
i think that's the going prices now for tiny 22's..my G44 was $425, of course my new RIA was nearly $600.

i don't see lower prices anymore, unless we can score big time on one of the auction sites.

or we all start buying Hi-points..

then, popularity of that...??

will boost up those prices too.

Sorry I will never buy Hi Point handgun. I'd rather throw a brick!
isn't that what a Hi-Point is..???

seriously, i'd not want one, but that brand "serves" a purpose, for those that just want a home defense gun, and simply cannot afford a higher brand even at used prices.

they work, i have seen many videos, up to and including trying to destroy one, which did take a lot of time to do so.

just not for me......

Back