testtest

New Ronin question

Hey. Just went to the range with my new 9mm Ronin and had some problems with it jamming up. It wouldn’t go completely into battery with certain ammo. You couldn’t even hand cycle the slide and get thru a full magazine without it getting jammed. It would get stuck just short of battery.
Taking it home and looking it over, I noticed that in the back by the hammer, where the slide fits onto the frame rails, that it wasn’t completely flush. I have 3 other 1911s, and all 3 of them are completely flush in the back. Could this be the problem? Any other Ronin owners, are yours flush in the back of the pistol where the rails meet? Thanks.

Attachments

• C5A33D86-469B-4678-8692-6AE8317614CD.jpeg
    C5A33D86-469B-4678-8692-6AE8317614CD.jpeg
    884.3 KB · Views: 140
Did you take it apart and throughly clean and lube it, 1911’s like to run a little wet, also you should use FMC ammo till break-in, which is usually around 500 rounds, that in the back usually doesn’t mean to much, just some fitting the factory could have done better. On my Kimber 1911 in 9mm, I used 115gr FMC till it broke in.

Ok. I used multiple magazines already. I believe it cycled the American Eagle decently. Do you think shooting 500 rounds of that thru it will help it handle the other brands better? I was ready to ship it back to Springfield for repair.

Ok. I used multiple magazines already. I believe it cycled the American Eagle decently. Do you think shooting 500 rounds of that thru it will help it handle the other brands better? I was ready to ship it back to Springfield for repair.
Yea, to me it sounds like it needs shot more, usually after 300-500 rounds they do work better, now after that if you still have issues call Springfield and see what they say, will mention one thing, my Springfield RO Operstor in 9mm I had to to change the recoil spring, the factory one was to weak, it was a 9 pound spring, I put a 12 pound in like my Kimber 9mm has, no issues with the RO

I agree with Anni…
Clean it again, thoroughly (extractor & firing pin wells, too). Run it a bit wetter than normal for the first few hundred rds. Stick with FMJ only for break in.
I don’t think it’s much of an issue, but i do not run Blazer - tried it a couple times and found it is too dirty. Try S&B or Federal ( you might also avoid Win white box for now; i had issues with some of that and heard of some recent QC probs. They’ll get it corrected, if true).

Far as the flush fit in the rear, my Ronins are all flush (slide to frame), however the round end of the extractor protrudes just a bit. Mine are .45 however.

Give it another range test before calling Springer… good luck - the Ronins are fine pistols !

My 10mm Ronin is almost flush, but not perfect, see attached. Well past break-in (1.5-2k rounds). No failures ever with anything I feed it. Apples and oranges maybe 9mm vs. 10mm. Just wanted to show the slide fit...since you asked.

Attachments

• Slide fit 2-7-22.jpg
    Slide fit 2-7-22.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
My 10mm Ronin is almost flush, but not perfect, see attached. Well past break-in (1.5-2k rounds). No failures ever with anything I feed it. Apples and oranges maybe 9mm vs. 10mm. Just wanted to show the slide fit...since you asked.
Appreciate the pic. Just wanted to make sure the fit wasn’t the problem. Hope to swing by the range on the way home tomorrow and give it another go. Thanks.

Appreciate the pic. Just wanted to make sure the fit wasn’t the problem. Hope to swing by the range on the way home tomorrow and give it another go. Thanks.
I did not mean to imply that fit was NOT the issue...your picture shows significantly more over(under?)lap than mine (your slide looks to be 2-3mm back out from in battery). The normal condition of the slide/frame relation I believe is flush, or close to flush. Yours looks off to me, at least I would not like it that way. Try to get a couple hundred more rounds through it and see what happens.

This is the second firearm we've seen from Springfield that hung over the frame like this...
Why?
I'll be frank, my Norinco 1911 had better fit than both of these Springfield's that hung over the frame.

To me if it's been cleaned and is completely in battery then one of two things are in play. It's not fitted correctly for the barrel to fit the mandatory grooves in the slide (that should be really noticable) OR it has not been milled correctly at the rear.
I have seen some 1911’s like that with the slide over hang, could be a fitting issue, or my thought, not finished right, it should be flush with the frame, for me if the gun starts to work ok, I wouldn’t fret over it, but if he has to get in touch with Springfield, I definitely would bring it up.

Back