testtest

New Ronin question

Went back to range today. Ran some Federal and some Blazer brass through it. No issues. I think it may have been some reloads my range sells that were mixed in that was causing the problems. Hopefully after a break in period it will chug thru anything I have. Still don’t like the small overhang on the rails, but had my gunsmith look it over, and he didn’t think it was too bad.

Went back to range today. Ran some Federal and some Blazer brass through it. No issues. I think it may have been some reloads my range sells that were mixed in that was causing the problems. Hopefully after a break in period it will chug thru anything I have. Still don’t like the small overhang on the rails, but had my gunsmith look it over, and he didn’t think it was too bad.
Glad it worked fine today for you, personally I wouldn’t worry to much about the over hang thing, I was thinking and I did mention the reloads may not be up to full power to cycle the gun, good that you had it looked at by your gunsmith, keep us informed and also go to the Guns part and look for show your 1911 and post a pic of yours if you don’t mind, lots of members 1911‘s are there, enjoy your gun

Last edited:
Hey. Just went to the range with my new 9mm Ronin and had some problems with it jamming up. It wouldn’t go completely into battery with certain ammo. You couldn’t even hand cycle the slide and get thru a full magazine without it getting jammed. It would get stuck just short of battery.
Taking it home and looking it over, I noticed that in the back by the hammer, where the slide fits onto the frame rails, that it wasn’t completely flush. I have 3 other 1911s, and all 3 of them are completely flush in the back. Could this be the problem? Any other Ronin owners, are yours flush in the back of the pistol where the rails meet? Thanks.
I am having the same problems with my Ronin EMP. I have had several failures to extract & double feeds. It flat out won't feed any JHP rounds. All of the ammo I've used is factory ammo. I called Springfield and they gave me a return shipping label to send it back for warranty work.

I just got my Ronin 4.25" 9mm back from my gunsmith. He couldn't get my brand new gun to consistently chamber a round. He did get through one magizine of 230 grain ammo using a Wilson mag. Could never get 115 grain ammo to consistently chamber. He recommended I send it back to SA

Wait just one darn tootin minute there. Son, I say son, did I say you were allowed to use Okie round these parts? Hmmmm?!
😅
Welcome to the Forum pardner. I’m from Sand Springs originally.
B1CB9557-FB3C-448D-A06E-4F0ED16D046D.jpeg

I just got my Ronin 4.25" 9mm back from my gunsmith. He couldn't get my brand new gun to consistently chamber a round. He did get through one magizine of 230 grain ammo using a Wilson mag. Could never get 115 grain ammo to consistently chamber. He recommended I send it back to SA
230 gr. through a 9MM ???? :unsure: Must be some heavy duty loads I haven't heard about. ;)
:)

I am having the same problems with my Ronin EMP. I have had several failures to extract & double feeds. It flat out won't feed any JHP rounds. All of the ammo I've used is factory ammo. I called Springfield and they gave me a return shipping label to send it back for warranty work.
I too have this issue with my EMP 3". It'll cycle fine for a few mags and then jam. Instead of sending it back to Springfield and them telling me it cycled fine for them I'm think of sending it to Wilson Combat and tell them to do whatever it takes to make it reliable enough for EDC. I'm tired of screwing with it.

My shop has quite selling them right now, to many complaints on this same issue, I don’t think they got all the bugs worked out yet, I remember when companies first started making 1911’s in 9mm, there were all kind of issues, personally I still would get in touch with Springfield and let them know your still having issues with it. I know you want it to be a reliable gun.

Back