testtest

New Saint Victor PDW

Meant to list it, only difference in the model # is the edge is STE and the Victor is STV955556B a bunch of the Victor for sub $1500 right now, just change the V to an E and search for the Edge daily you will find one soon enough. GL https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/706397947262

Good to know. If I currently didn't have two victors, I'd do that. I wanted an edge for whatever reason. And for what I bought it for I can't complain they say I should have it next month so I'll wait.

I bought one yesterday from Grabagun for $1499.00 and I would of never found this item if it wasn't for you guys on the forum, so thank you. The picture isn't correct on the Grabagun site but the SKU's and description match up.

Has anyone taken there's apart? I've been reading different accounts of same spec as the Edge PDW, just a different lower but then I read no adjustable gas block but one isn't listed for the Edge either. Also do they come with BUIS? Can anyone clarify?
https://grabagun.com/springfield-armory-saint-victor-pdw-5-56x45mm-nato-5-5-barrel-20-rounds.html

I bought one yesterday from Grabagun for $1499.00 and I would of never found this item if it wasn't for you guys on the forum, so thank you. The picture isn't correct on the Grabagun site but the SKU's and description match up.

Has anyone taken there's apart? I've been reading different accounts of same spec as the Edge PDW, just a different lower but then I read no adjustable gas block but one isn't listed for the Edge either. Also do they come with BUIS? Can anyone clarify?
https://grabagun.com/springfield-armory-saint-victor-pdw-5-56x45mm-nato-5-5-barrel-20-rounds.html
On the Springfield Saint FB group someone just purchased a brand new Edge PDW. Both versions of PDW are still available. I can look up in my distributors and find separate SKUs for both PDW versions. As I have said before Springfield has used a Good Better Best strategy when it comes to their firearms. It makes perfect sense for them to make Saints at multiple price points. Think of the M1 and 1911’s they make them in multiple price points. The XD classic is now offered as the Defender series at deep discounts. With the Saint Victor PDW your getting the PDW technology (licensed from Maxim Defense) at discounted prices. Notice how the Victor PDW is listed as an exclusive that’s because the distributor wanted a special version and bought enough to warrant it, and also why it’s not listed on Springfields website, since it is an exclusive for dealers who use THAT particular distributor, maybe in the future it will become a line item. A prime example are the Talo exclusives that are not listed on manufactures websites, but are available from certain distributors and select dealers. These are not Frankenstein PDW‘s from left over parts like the internet has been saying but an exclusive that is available to exclusive dealers. No PDW comes with back up sights, that was a promo package that was for the original release only. Included is the screenshot from the distributor that includes sku’s and model numbers of all PDW’s currently made. I will grab both of mine and eventually take pictures of both side by side. The PDW does not come with an adjustable gas block.

6D75189E-A993-4D09-B11D-2AFDD589FCDD.jpeg

On the Springfield Saint FB group someone just purchased a brand new Edge PDW. Both versions of PDW are still available. I can look up in my distributors and find separate SKUs for both PDW versions. As I have said before Springfield has used a Good Better Best strategy when it comes to their firearms. It makes perfect sense for them to make Saints at multiple price points. Think of the M1 and 1911’s they make them in multiple price points. The XD classic is now offered as the Defender series at deep discounts. With the Saint Victor PDW your getting the PDW technology (licensed from Maxim Defense) at discounted prices. Notice how the Victor PDW is listed as an exclusive that’s because the distributor wanted a special version and bought enough to warrant it, and also why it’s not listed on Springfields website, since it is an exclusive for dealers who use THAT particular distributor, maybe in the future it will become a line item. A prime example are the Talo exclusives that are not listed on manufactures websites, but are available from certain distributors and select dealers. These are not Frankenstein PDW‘s from left over parts like the internet has been saying but an exclusive that is available to exclusive dealers. No PDW comes with back up sights, that was a promo package that was for the original release only. Included is the screenshot from the distributor that includes sku’s and model numbers of all PDW’s currently made. I will grab both of mine and eventually take pictures of both side by side. The PDW does not come with an adjustable gas block.

View attachment 18947
Am thinking many people, especially "Newbies on the block" may not be aware of "Distributors Exclusives" like Talo & Lipseys and the many changes they can sometimes make? Some firearm mfg's may clearly advertise the exclusives while others do not too. Having differences posted on Mfg's web sites and other sources may help eliminate some confusion? Ruger for example usually does. Also, thinking some changes may just get lost in the shuffle creating confusion sometimes amplified by retailers lack of wording or advertisement that these items are exclusives and not the typical stock items for sale?

View attachment 18947
@xdman,

Thank you for the clarification and insight with the PDW and the Saint lineup.

Got mine at GrabAGun for $1399.99. That was on the 2nd of August. On the 3rd they were OOS. FFL called me 3 days later to come and get it.

I personnally don't care the have 5 different versions of the same gun. When you order a specific gun and it takes over a year to get (actually still don't have) then maybe Springfield should stop doing distributor specials and focus on making guns for people who ordered and already paid! AND distributors should stop selling to highest bidders instead and fill orders!!

#disappointed
#whatajoke

I personnally don't care the have 5 different versions of the same gun. When you order a specific gun and it takes over a year to get (actually still don't have) then maybe Springfield should stop doing distributor specials and focus on making guns for people who ordered and already paid! AND distributors should stop selling to highest bidders instead and fill orders!!

#disappointed
#whatajoke

If it was just that simple, like buying groceries at a local grocery store many people would be happier?
But, even most groceries go through middlemen and distribution systems on the way to the local grocers.

Most firearms go through a distributor, then to a LGS. Many things can go wrong or upset that system like current politics. Distribution? Simple? Can be a lot involved. Some firearms go from manufacturer straight to a LGS like believe Henry Rifle company does or did at one time. But, even that can be a lengthy process. Some people think all tools are as simple a hammers, screwdrivers and pliers. Most manufacturers deal with tools that are or can be huge or massive, involved and take days or longer to change over from one to the next.

Good or not, some distributors have enough volume where they order special firearms to certain requirements, those firearms are usually bought under previous contracts that have to be filled in a certain time frame or with other requirements. Those contracts need to be kept or other negative things may happen, usually very costly ones.

Wait times? Now? Am thinking there weren't many people who foresaw current events happening otherwise they'd have likely prepared better. Manufacturing can involve years in development of a product to work out issues and possible bugs. Some things take many years. 10 years is not too uncommon or wasn't at one time.

Back