testtest

NEW: SMITH & WESSON® EQUALIZER™

Ok. But my thought still stands. And I guess don't understand what the point of an "internal hammer fired pistol" is. At that point, what advantages from the hammer are you getting? Longer, heavier DA travel on every pull?
It is a single action hammer fired pistol. The advantage to it over striker fired is it is easier to manipulate the slide. The market for that pistol is people with weaker hand strength that have difficulty racking a slide on a striker pistol. My wife has one of the original EZ pistols and it is very easy to run the slide, has a nice trigger and is pretty accurate. That gun was a single stack, this new one is a double stack for more capacity. Is it for everyone? Probably not. I doubt that S&W expects everyone to buy it, but if it runs well it could be a nice pistol with good capacity for that market that needs an easier pistol to run.

Ok. But my thought still stands. And I guess don't understand what the point of an "internal hammer fired pistol" is. At that point, what advantages from the hammer are you getting? Longer, heavier DA travel on every pull?
No, it’s SA, technically, on the EZ (although maybe something closer to the DAK or LEM triggers in Sig’s and HK’s respectively). It’s pretty short, pretty light, and not bad at all.

Hammer is protected, less likely to snag on things…kinda like a “hammerless” revolver.

Really, the EZ is a modernized version of the Colt 1903/1908 “Pocket Automatic”…internal hammer, grip safety, and an additional thumb safety (on some EZ models)…and those are really great shooting pistols, if you’ve ever handled one.

My 1903 .32 pictured below.
035CD4B9-D7EE-4286-A55C-86E3F56E9CB6.jpeg

It is a single action hammer fired pistol. The advantage to it over striker fired is it is easier to manipulate the slide. The market for that pistol is people with weaker hand strength that have difficulty racking a slide on a striker pistol. My wife has one of the original EZ pistols and it is very easy to run the slide, has a nice trigger and is pretty accurate. That gun was a single stack, this new one is a double stack for more capacity. Is it for everyone? Probably not. I doubt that S&W expects everyone to buy it, but if it runs well it could be a nice pistol with good capacity for that market that needs an easier pistol to run.
Cool. I'm sure there's a market for them. I'm just expressing my own opinion, based on my own interests, which is that I don't find it interesting at all. But if it ticks all the boxes for someone else, that's great.

Back