testtest

New Temporary Addition To My Gun Cabinet

BassCliff

Professional
Hi,

This may be a little late but I think it's a bit whimsical and powerful at the same time. The worship team at church had a White Elephant gift exchange on Christmas eve in between the four services we played that day. I received a Bible paired with this.

1706019288304.png

In the spirit of Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, even penetrating as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

It seems this gift of Bible and Sword has been passed around the team for years. I plan to keep it for a year then pass it along at the next White Elephant gift exchange. I'm thinking I'll get the blade engraved with "Hebrews 4:12" to make it a little more special.

The Christmas Eve service was quite the production. Yours truly was playing bass in the band. If you'd like to see it, click here: https://www.youtube.com/live/0e5h1mtgDwE?si=kntv60mWfW3sH331&t=807 (the video should be queued pretty close) and fast-forward to about 13:30 to see the actual start of the service. The song at 39:00 minutes brought tears to my eyes at every service. Gwenyth does a such a great job with "Light Of The World". The music portion of the service goes to about the 43:30 mark. The message starts at about 55:00 after all the announcements. Thanks for letting me share.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Thanks guys,

Great choice of verse. Should it prove too cumbersome, may I suggest Ephesians 6:17.

The "Armor of God" is a great verse too. I was going to use only "Hebrews 4:12" and not the entire text of the verse. As you noticed, that would be a LOT of engraving. ;)

Very, VERY cool! Is it an actual working blade, or just a wall-hanging decoration?

It's a decorative/ceremonial blade. I don't think it would hold an edge. But it looks very cool.

BassCliff, you have become an outstanding shot and I'm sure you're aware of the down side of bringing a sword to a gun fight! I'll admit it is a nice looking sword, but the best thing about it is where it came from and what it represents.

Thank you. Yes, this is a rather special possession given from a group who have accepted this old country bass player as part of their family. It'll be fun to pass it along next year.

BassCliff

It's a decorative/ceremonial blade. I don't think it would hold an edge. But it looks very cool.

BassCliff
That's too bad. I was going to suggest you learn some basic/elementary swordcraft in the next year, maybe make that part of the tradition. Such a thing wants to be more than just "symbolic," to my way of thinking.

BTW, I admire this tradition. I too have joined a new church in the last year, and am becoming more and more active in it. It's nice to be part of a faith-based community, especially in times such as these. God Bless you. ;)

Hi,

This may be a little late but I think it's a bit whimsical and powerful at the same time. The worship team at church had a White Elephant gift exchange on Christmas eve in between the four services we played that day. I received a Bible paired with this.

View attachment 51187

In the spirit of Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is living and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, even penetrating as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

It seems this gift of Bible and Sword has been passed around the team for years. I plan to keep it for a year then pass it along at the next White Elephant gift exchange. I'm thinking I'll get the blade engraved with "Hebrews 4:12" to make it a little more special.

The Christmas Eve service was quite the production. Yours truly was playing bass in the band. If you'd like to see it, click here: https://www.youtube.com/live/0e5h1mtgDwE?si=kntv60mWfW3sH331&t=807 (the video should be queued pretty close) and fast-forward to about 13:30 to see the actual start of the service. The song at 39:00 minutes brought tears to my eyes at every service. Gwenyth does a such a great job with "Light Of The World". The music portion of the service goes to about the 43:30 mark. The message starts at about 55:00 after all the announcements. Thanks for letting me share.

BassCliff
TRULY AMAZING
that is a very good gift indeed

Hi,

View attachment 51187

BassCliff
That dueling piano piece was fire!

It sounds like you are part of a wonderful congregation.

I've liked swords since I was a youngster and many years ago I was one of those guys at the Renn Faire in armor flailing away at others in armor. Attended a couple classes of kenjutsu even. I have a few different ones around the house. I like edged implements of death and dismemberment ⚔️ (y).

Like every other day, Sunday is gun day at my church.
Luke 22-36.jpg

Back