testtest

New to all of this... Just want to say "hi"!

Interestingly, going from the EC9's polymer frame to the CSX aluminum frame and slightly larger size only adds 2.3 oz...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-07-14-24-03-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-07-14-24-03-85_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2023-03-07-14-22-44-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-07-14-22-44-87_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 44
Always happens to me when I go to my indoor range. It use to be I could always find a gun to buy, at least in my younger days. I have over time, and my spouse’s objection, developed some buying discipline. But I still have to stop at the display cases and see what’s available. You never know when a diamond may appear. 😀
Imagine the range being adjacent to the flagship store, at SIG in Epping NH. Every SIG weapon is there and available, and the paperwork is digital, takes a minute to get approved as SIG seems to have a direct hotline and no wait whatsoever. It is absolute mental torture! I typically check my willpower at the door, it's pointless to think I can resist :D

Imagine the range being adjacent to the flagship store, at SIG in Epping NH. Every SIG weapon is there and available, and the paperwork is digital, takes a minute to get approved as SIG seems to have a direct hotline and no wait whatsoever. It is absolute mental torture! I typically check my willpower at the door, it's pointless to think I can resist :D
Yeah, that's torture... I'd have to hook myself up to a wench that was set up to automatically drag me out of there. Lol

My LGS gives a month "free" range use with each gun purchase. 5 firearms later, I'm realizing the free range use hasn't been very free!

Good luck, I hope the CSX is all you want it to be...

The trigger takes some major accommodations. Everything else about the pistol is fantastic....but that trigger...:poop:
Thank you!!

I'm gonna take it to the range this week and see how it is...
I guess the good thing about me not knowing much of a difference between good and bad, is, well, I might not know the difference. Lol

This thing feels great in the hands. I'm not sure it's a gun culture term, but it feels "balanced", if that makes any sense.

The one thing about the Sig store is the employees there with the worst customer service I've ever experienced in a gun store. I had a very off-putting experience there once when I went there to buy a suppressor and haven't been back since. A few other guys I know don't go there for a similar reason.

There's local shops in the area that carry Sig firearms for a lower price than the Sig store with much better customer service.

Northeast Munitions in Merrimack is the best LGS I've visited in Southern, NH

The one thing about the Sig store is the employees there with the worst customer service I've ever experienced in a gun store. I had a very off-putting experience there once when I went there to buy a suppressor and haven't been back since. A few other guys I know don't go there for a similar reason.

There's local shops in the area that carry Sig firearms for a lower price than the Sig store with much better customer service.

Northeast Munitions in Merrimack is the best LGS I've visited in Southern, NH
That's unfortunate, especially for a "flagship store" as it's called... Last time I went to the store was for the Freedom Days, which was a blast (got to shoot the LMG and met Jerry Miculek at the Mosberg stand) and they must have been well coached to behave a bit better than normal. I held tight and spent only a few $100s then... The time before though, ouch!

I do like the fact that there are pretty much everything they make and more but for the run of the mill SIG, you're right, there are many good shops that would match or even best the prices. Milford Firearms has a very large selection of firearms, and GSIR in Hudson is my base camp, very good people, great selection of rentals and decent amount of lanes. It can be crowded some days when the hordes of excited teenage Massholes want to relive their Call of Duty exploits, but overall it's a very good range.

That's unfortunate, especially for a "flagship store" as it's called... Last time I went to the store was for the Freedom Days, which was a blast (got to shoot the LMG and met Jerry Miculek at the Mosberg stand) and they must have been well coached to behave a bit better than normal. I held tight and spent only a few $100s then... The time before though, ouch!

I do like the fact that there are pretty much everything they make and more but for the run of the mill SIG, you're right, there are many good shops that would match or even best the prices. Milford Firearms has a very large selection of firearms, and GSIR in Hudson is my base camp, very good people, great selection of rentals and decent amount of lanes. It can be crowded some days when the hordes of excited teenage Massholes want to relive their Call of Duty exploits, but overall it's a very good range.
I agree the guys at Granite State indoor range and store are top notch. I've never had a sour experience there. I used to go there a lot before I got into my current club and I still go there occasionally.

I agree the guys at Granite State indoor range and store are top notch. I've never had a sour experience there. I used to go there a lot before I got into my current club and I still go there occasionally.

And they are a Silencershop kiosk, very convenient!

Which club are you a member of? Nashua Fish & Game in Merrimack? There is/was an underground 100 yards range, 24/7 but no RSO at the Hollis hunt club. I think there was a lot of legal trouble with the neighbors and building construction/safety/regulation, so I'm not sure if they're still operating fully.

And they are a Silencershop kiosk, very convenient!

Which club are you a member of? Nashua Fish & Game in Merrimack? There is/was an underground 100 yards range, 24/7 but no RSO at the Hollis hunt club. I think there was a lot of legal trouble with the neighbors and building construction/safety/regulation, so I'm not sure if they're still operating fully.
I'm over at Londonderry Fish and Game. No RSO at my club needed and minimal rules. Only obvious safety rules with strict discipline taken if not followed.

It's an awesome club with a 2 to 3 year wait-list to get in.

I'm over at Londonderry Fish and Game. No RSO at my club needed and minimal rules. Only obvious safety rules with strict discipline taken if not followed.

It's an awesome club with a 2 to 3 year wait-list to get in.
Yeah, that's always the issue with clubs, the wait. And the fragile finances sometimes... I think the sensible thing to do is to buy some land and build an outdoor range :LOL:

What are some good leather IWB holsters??

I like it to sit low/deep, or whatever it's called... Lol

I put a screw through one I had for my EC9, as a temporary fix, but I like how it sits.

Attachments

• IMG20230307155656~2.jpg
    IMG20230307155656~2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG20230307155605~2.jpg
    IMG20230307155605~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
I went with the 1791 holsters (for the CSX pictured, and also one for the Xmacro) and I'm thoroughly impressed with them! Amazing leather, perfect fit and sit...

Attachments

• IMG20230313125358.jpg
    IMG20230313125358.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG20230313125942.jpg
    IMG20230313125942.jpg
    782.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG20230313125433.jpg
    IMG20230313125433.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20230313_125254.jpg
    IMG_20230313_125254.jpg