testtest

New to all of this... Just want to say "hi"!

Had a Ruger many moons ago, one I should have kept, can’t find one right now to replace it, maybe one day I’ll get lucky.
I remember discussing this in another thread awhile back and I saw this at my favorite LGS last year……..
0ECE76C2-CDB9-4774-98FC-4898724B6CCA.jpeg

Almost bought it just didn’t want to add another caliber.

Ok, so today I took the Saint and the EC9s to the range. The Saint was a blast (today was the first time firing it without my trainer), but I developed a real dislike for the EC9s... :(
I can not get any kind of consistent accuracy with it, it is uncomfortable in my hands and I struggle with lining the sights up...
What say you guys, is it the gun or me??
Edit: or is it "us" - the combo of me with the gun, like trying to run with the wrong style/size shoes?

Ok, so today I took the Saint and the EC9s to the range. The Saint was a blast (today was the first time firing it without my trainer), but I developed a real dislike for the EC9s... :(
I can not get any kind of consistent accuracy with it, it is uncomfortable in my hands and I struggle with lining the sights up...
What say you guys, is it the gun or me??
Takes a lot of practice with a small gun like your Ruger, especially that one, how far were you from your target, something like that pistol, for me, 7-10 yards would be my max.

On, lots of practice then, small guns like that are more difficult to shoot.
Thanks! Great answer. I do only have about 200 rounds through it, and about 350 rounds total in my life!
Is there such a thing as bad fit? Meaning shape and size of gun for my hands?
I have literally hours of dry practice with the Ruger and I've studied my grip, and trigger finger movements closely... Maybe I should lower my expectations.

If I was a horrible shot with my XMACRO and Taurus revolver, I'd accept that I'm just horrible! Lol
But I am much, much better with both of them than with Ruger.
Put me down for "give it another trip to the range" the taurus is well made and has good ergos but the smaller semi auto 9's are a different breed. I know it's not as small as the LCP but it's close and they require adaptation.
I'm not sure the XMacro is a apples to apples comparison.

Haha! If only it was that cheap...

About twice a week, I go to an indoor range in the back of a big gun store, and it takes all the self control I can muster to drag myself to the door and the car without stopping at the display cases...
Always happens to me when I go to my indoor range. It use to be I could always find a gun to buy, at least in my younger days. I have over time, and my spouse’s objection, developed some buying discipline. But I still have to stop at the display cases and see what’s available. You never know when a diamond may appear. 😀

Nice, I have tried one, I like them, some say the trigger reset is not good, but personally I don’t even think about any trigger reset, I just shoot them, enjoy!
Yes, I read about that, too... I'll report back if it bothers me.
I really like the uniqueness of it, and I love the safety!
One other complaint I had with the Ruger was the thumb safety digging into my thumb while shooting and it was also a little hard to flip up and down with a normal grip.
With a little practice I think I can flip the safety on the CSX while drawing it from the holster...

Back