testtest

New to Firearms

Deathseed

Alpha
Hello Everyone,

I am a new gun owners and I am trying to find out what would be important to know. I currently have a XD 9mm for home defense and a Hellcat Pro for EDC.
I haven't had much training yet other than a NRA Basic Pistol class and not sure where to go from here. I live in the state of VA.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you are in central Virginia these are two places that offer instructional classes:

Also please go to the Virginia Citizens Defense League webpage (https://vcdl.org/?), click on the VA-Alert tab arrow and then click on the subscribe to VA-Alert button. If you like what you see, please consider joining the organization.

And as always, welcome to the forum for Virginia.

Welcome to the forum from Kentucky.

You’ve already been given great information but I will reinforce the basics.

Get range time.
Take a gun safety course and defensive course.
Keep your gun clean and oiled.
Extra information.
Look up online so you know all the laws in your state and states you may travel to so you know where you can legally carry and where you can’t, ignorance is not a excuse for not knowing the law.

Owning and carrying a gun comes with accepting a serious responsibility to always be safe and do the right thing.

This forum has an incredible amount of great people who have a wealth of knowledge. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Great advice from the other members.

I’ll add on to whats said:

Find 2 or 3 different ranges that offer classes.
Learn new tips from different instructors.
Every teacher has a diff approach.
Some have combat experience and some just know firearms super well.

Then stick with the one you like the most and work on those skills with him/her as the budget allows for regular sessions.

If you are in central Virginia these are two places that offer instructional classes:

Also please go to the Virginia Citizens Defense League webpage (https://vcdl.org/?), click on the VA-Alert tab arrow and then click on the subscribe to VA-Alert button. If you like what you see, please consider joining the organization.

And as always, welcome to the forum for Virginia.
I'm in Northern VA so Central VA would not be practical. An issue that I have is 4 kids and their activities make finding the time difficult.

Hello Everyone,

I am a new gun owners and I am trying to find out what would be important to know. I currently have a XD 9mm for home defense and a Hellcat Pro for EDC.
I haven't had much training yet other than a NRA Basic Pistol class and not sure where to go from here. I live in the state of VA.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Take a quality class & practice, practice, practice.

All I can say is make time to learn how and , more importantly , when to use that firearm . As you probably know there is more to it then just pulling the trigger. You need to learn your state firearm laws forward and backwards.

Welcome from Southern Illinois.

All I can say is make time to learn how and , more importantly , when to use that firearm . As you probably know there is more to it then just pulling the trigger. You need to learn your state firearm laws forward and backwards.

Welcome from Southern Illinois.
Texas:

1660763865831.gif

Illinois:
1660763965581.gif

🤪

Back