testtest

New XDM Compact 10mm frame issue

Dean407

Alpha
So, I got an XDM Elite 10mm Compact. Getting this gun was a chore as the FFL I'd used sold the business unknown to me. It had to go back to gunbuyer.com then I had to pay to ship it to another FFL. Oh, well. I got it and all seemed well until I dry fired it a few times. After I put the gun down I noticed I had a small cut.

The hole on the upper part of the frame near the beaver tail has a sharp burr I didn't notice until I put it under brighter lighting. This is disappointing. I contacted Springfield and initiated a warranty claim. However, they state it will be 3-4 WEEKS to get the gun back.

I got the gun for camping/hiking and will be taking a big trip within that time frame. Do you guys know of a good way to remove the sharp burr without messing up my slide? I spoke with a gunshop owner and he said his gunsmith could take care of that easily/quickly for like $20-$30. However, he's not available until the Sat after this Sat. I don't want to waste a week waiting for this guy if the owner was just talking sh*t.

I've seen deburring tools, but they're all far too large for such a tiny hole.

Any suggestions?

20220901_211303.jpg
20220901_211350.jpg

BTW, the Springfield response was pretty quick. I sent an email late Thur evening. Mon was the holiday...I had multiple people reach out from Springfield to set up a warranty claim on Tue. The sent a link for a FedEx shipping label and instructions.

The trigger feels nice too.

A polymer faced hammer could probably tap that burr flat or get some 220 grit sandpaper and sand it down in the direction towards the hole. Either method should take less than 5 minutes.

I've had to clean excess polymer from a few different firearms I own. If you're feeling up to it a sharp utility knife is a good option also.

A polymer faced hammer could probably tap that burr flat or get some 220 grit sandpaper and sand it down in the direction towards the hole. Either method should take less than 5 minutes.

I've had to clean excess polymer from a few different firearms I own. If you're feeling up to it a sharp utility knife is a good option also.
I was going to suggest an X-acto knife or a scalpel. And a good magnifying glass.

Back