testtest

Night vision.

NV on helmet
Just bought a Sionyx with a mount to add to an AR, should be here in a couple days. A couple weeks back I got a flir thermal and it was not really what I was expecting. Dont get me wrong the thermal is awesome but not usable as walk or drive in the dark optic. Now sitting at the edge of a field and waiting for a hog or yote to enter my Zone it is fabulous. So in the end I am going to have two guns set up, a thermal and a night vision gun both dedicated.
B090E008-D0BF-4B1D-A744-EB1CDFD03729.jpeg
497355A8-FCF4-4382-B6E0-8E0E993CFC05.jpeg

Thermal wont see thru glass.
Driving a sidexside or truck, have to use running lights or lean your head out to see. Then scan with thermal.

So I bought NV to maneuver.
I use NV to drive/scout/ walk up on hogs when the thermal sees them hundred of yards away. Close distance with NV. Flip them up an kill shots with thermal scopes.

NV is limited to close in for shooting. Couple hundred yards for driving/ general applications at broad range.
These are $3000 under devices, not miltary $10k + units..

I can take hogs under 75 yarda with NV on a good night of weather, but I can see rhe hogs with thermal way, way out there at distance . Use both for strengths and weaknesses

Last edited:
Well, I never hunted hogs, but it's something I do intend to try at some point and I don't kill coyotes unless I need to for some reason.

I never did get around to getting any NV, but my plan hasn't changed. I don't really need a thermal or NV scope, but I would definitely like to have the capacity to remain unseen in the dark while simultaneously being able to see who/what just breached the perimeter. We're working on some new cameras ( very expensive), but it still seems Hans' idea about NV goggles or binos and an IR light is my best option.

NV on helmet

View attachment 25909View attachment 25910
Thermal wont see thru glass.
Driving a sidexside or truck, have to use running lights or lean your head out to see. Then scan with thermal.

So I bought NV to maneuver.
I use NV to drive/scout/ walk up on hogs when the thermal sees them hundred of yards away. Close distance with NV. Flip them up an kill shots with thermal scopes.

NV is limited to close in for shooting. Couple hundred yards for driving/ general applications at broad range.
These are $3000 under devices, not miltary $10k + units..

I can take hogs under 75 yarda with NV on a good night of weather, but I can see rhe hogs with thermal way, way out there at distance . Use both for strengths and weaknesses
That first picture is what I'm talking about. 3k huh?

That first picture is what I'm talking about. 3k huh?
Decent ones on sale are $2300 ish on sale to $3000.
Mine was $2300.
Could be lower now, but haven't checked prices in a year.

Top notch dual tube, miltary grade is $10k+.
Buddies were $14k, but you could fly a chopper with them if you wanted to. Crazy good quality of image and distance.

Mine single tube is good for 4 wheelers, my truck at slower speeds and walking around at night. I can drive around the lease roads in my truck and on my 4 wheeler 10-30mph and have no issues. Dont think I’d want to drive 65mph down a highway with them on, but them again, never tried it😜😉

Also, you can find a Manufacturer “blem” one for cheaper if you ask the shops if they have some for sale. Such as scrstched outer surface, or a “spec” on the inner lens.
Friend got one with a spec of something stuck on the lens during manufacturing. Got it 50% off

Edit:
This is what I run for NV. The cheaper “Wolf 14 model” was not very good image quality.
My pic of a house is thru my NV mono of a neighbors house .

Last edited:
Well, I never hunted hogs, but it's something I do intend to try at some point and I don't kill coyotes unless I need to for some reason.

I never did get around to getting any NV, but my plan hasn't changed. I don't really need a thermal or NV scope, but I would definitely like to have the capacity to remain unseen in the dark while simultaneously being able to see who/what just breached the perimeter. We're working on some new cameras ( very expensive), but it still seems Hans' idea about NV goggles or binos and an IR light is my best option.
I also run a Surefire light with an IR Lens cap with the NV set up.
Close in varmint/ hog work if I dont want to run thermal and NV combo.
It is great for your statement of HD as only I can see the IR light thru the NV. Aimpoint PRO has NV settings, so I can see the RDS thru the NV.

Here is that AR set up on my Colt M4/LE6920
53FEE6DF-CC3E-472D-B571-9B96E504BB17.jpeg

Back