testtest

No cover over front sight on hellcat 3

Paul R

Operator
Good evening
just purchased a Hellcat 3. Micro 9mm. Just noticed that there is no cover over the front sight. It is pictured on the website. is the tritium u dot sight pictured on line standard on this gun. Any info would be greatly appreciated
paul

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 227
I'd call SA to ask them if they're available, but I don't see them in the store page, but maybe if they could you could send the pistol to them for a swap-out, or if it's not catalogued get one from them if they can sell them.

If that's not an option I'd still call them and ask them what height the tritium front is so you can find one elsewhere, then get it installed by a gunsmith.

I broke mine putting it on a 911

Hi Paul,

I contacted Springfield both E-mail and calling them. I was told to contact HS Produkt because they are the manufacturer and Springfield does not have the tritium sight. I checked with HS Produkt webpage to find out they do not have e-mail, and I'm not calling Croatia.
I purchased a Hellcat and it came with the fiber optic. I just received a Night Fision tritium front sight and plan on having my gunsmith install. I hope to have done later this week.
Hope this helps.

I think this is what the Hellcat is using. To me I really like the yellow front site but call Springfield to make sure
That yellow front sight sure looks like the one that came installed on my Hellcat when I bought it in February 2020. With the white "U" rear sight, it stands out perfectly for fast follow up shots. I wasn't even aware that they switched to fiber optic. I'm guessing lack of supply due to pandemic?

Not sure but on my 911 . 380 I really want that yellow sight as I don't have a red dot on that gun to help. I wear glasses and those metal guns sights are like cotton balls to me. Lol

I could switch out my hellcat and put it on the 911 as I'm not really needing it like that on it as my red dot does the work load. Heading to range

Spoke with SA this morning & they don’t make any accessories for the yellow sight. Anyway on a good note it’s fits my hand perfectly which is very important. Went to the range yesterday & shot 100 rounds & the gun handled very nice. So it’s a keeper.

Back