testtest

No joy

belladonna

Professional
Well, it seems like the days of two or three bucks taken on the first weekend of the season (by our bunch anyway) are gone. The past couple of years have been unseasonably warm. Also, timber wolves have thinned the herds substantially, to the point where only 25 doe tags were issued for the whole area by lottery. A couple of the guys saw a couple bucks, but they were young and quite small.

Where I was...I was mainly entertained by Partridge Families. There were lots of them. There was a lot of doe traffic. If I had had a doe tag, I would have been done by 8AM Saturday morning. It was very peaceful out there though. No cell service, lots of time to disconnect and observe nature. I sleep very well up there.

Hopefully next weekend brings better luck.
IMG_3673.jpeg
IMG_3713.jpeg
IMG_3695.jpeg
IMG_3704.jpeg
IMG_3703.jpeg
IMG_3702.jpeg

Hopefully you have some luck soon. These days, it's more about the experience for me, well it always has, i would always wait til the last couple days to actually shoot . Sitting in the woods, watching, listening, and yes even taking the occasional nap is what recharges my batteries.

I hope you have a great time. Enjoy being there, seeing what most never do, and enjoying the company you are with. Hope you get sone freezer filler too round it out.

Nice pics! I usually manage to see a few deer around my place over the summer, but not this summer. It's been so dry here the past 2-3 years that all the smaller water holes have dried up, including mine and the deer have moved into those areas that still have some water available.

Where I was...I was mainly entertained by Partridge Families. There were lots of them.
View attachment 46616View attachment 46617

seriously, we used to have a pear tree in our yard....

but i had to cut it down....

we have no Partridges here....

i coulda used a few back then.........might still have that tree, if i did.....

nothing like partridge in a pear tree..........

1699283290416.png

good luck next time.......

How’d your she-shed/blind work out?
We have 6 and 8 pointers in our neighborhood. Nj has a big deer problem. Not enough hunters and too many people. There were about a dozen dead bucks on a 10 mile stretch of highway.
Better luck next weekend.
My blind was awesome, kept me warm. Hopefully the bucks start moving soon. There has been a marked decrease in the number of ducks and geese this year. Usually the fields are full and the sky is busy. Hardly any this year, which is weird.

Hopefully you have some luck soon. These days, it's more about the experience for me, well it always has, i would always wait til the last couple days to actually shoot . Sitting in the woods, watching, listening, and yes even taking the occasional nap is what recharges my batteries.

I hope you have a great time. Enjoy being there, seeing what most never do, and enjoying the company you are with. Hope you get sone freezer filler too round it out.
A day in the wilderness where the city folks show up to hunt in your spot in the woods!

1699284877351.png

My blind was awesome, kept me warm. Hopefully the bucks start moving soon. There has been a marked decrease in the number of ducks and geese this year. Usually the fields are full and the sky is busy. Hardly any this year, which is weird.
I've noticed that too. I think part of the reason we haven't seen as many geese yet is that the temperature has still been rather mild so there isn't much reason for them to move south. Also, as I mentioned in an earlier post, we are in a drought here and all the smaller pot holes and sloughs have dried up which may force the geese to change their flight path.

Back