testtest

No more Edge Evac, Edge PDW, or Victor PDW?

Red_Label

Operator
Am I just being blind here? I'm no longer able to find the pistols on the SA site. I own the Evac and Victor PDW, as well as Saint Victor pistols in 5.56, .300BO, and .308. But I just find it odd that I'm not seeing the Evac and either PDW on the site. I never did see the Victor PDW on the site... just the original Edge PDW (which I could never find in my entire state (MT) to buy. Just kind of odd. Did SA stop making all of them.

Well, parts for them are near-non existent, things from Maxium Defense are needed in the thousands to be able to keep up with demand.

Second theory, Maxium Defense is coming out with some newer gen 2 stuff so most likely the older designs will be replaced as they are discontinued. Springfield has the habit of out with the old and in with the new. I have no information, but it only makes sense for a PDW v2.

Third, the ATF/Biden wants to go after braces, now who really knows what will happen. My opinion is that we have to make it though until November. If we can solidly take either the Senate or House we will be skippy law wise for 1 year and things will calm down. That’s until the year before the Presidential election and things go crazy all over again. Covid is just another unknown to the mix. Things in our favor Jan is almost over, basically Sept everyone will fly back to run elections so we got 7 months to go, minus breaks. The next thing in our favor is that the govt can’t walk and chew gum at the same time. Passing gun control legislation would require a laser focus. Well the scotus nomination and Ukraine mess will draw away some attention, plus you throw in infrastructure and you have a bunch of kids try to do too much.

If the ATF does indeed get to the point of trying to change the designation of braces, we now have precedence from when they tried to change the designation of bump stocks. It should be easier to get a stay of execution.

My opinion is SA is running on the assumption that the ATF will soon change the designation of such weapons and they are trying to minimize the fallout of having to basically go to work for the government collecting and turning over data on every single one they sold.

My opinion is SA is running on the assumption that the ATF will soon change the designation of such weapons and they are trying to minimize the fallout of having to basically go to work for the government collecting and turning over data on every single one they sold.
I've been trying to get a Maxim pistol braced lower for months from either Aero or PSA. Neither had them in stock. Maxim has stock, but doesn't include buffer or spring. Wound up settling for a PSA lower with SB Tactical brace that was developed with Maxim. This all lends credibility to XDMans position regarding availability. I still see pistol ARs in the local Point Blank stores, but they are basic blade braces with basic everything. No frills, no extras.

I've been trying to get a Maxim pistol braced lower for months from either Aero or PSA. Neither had them in stock. Maxim has stock, but doesn't include buffer or spring. Wound up settling for a PSA lower with SB Tactical brace that was developed with Maxim. This all lends credibility to XDMans position regarding availability. I still see pistol ARs in the local Point Blank stores, but they are basic blade braces with basic everything. No frills, no extras.
Why wouldn't you buy the brace from Maxim and then get a buffer and spring somewhere else ? Does the maxim brace have a proprietary buffer assembly or something?

I just did a search on armslist, they're out there. Some gouging, some fairly priced. Spread out across the country. If it's what you want, new or used doesn't matter. Looks like there's a new unicorn.
Click on the link, it clearly says, discontinued

Seems we're off point, yeah, some of Maxim's braces require proprietary carriers and buffers. That is if you want something that doesn't follow the standard. That system, you gotta push both front and rear pins out while carefully keeping the upper and lower together then separate the two. It's kinda like the old peanut brittle can loaded with springy snakes. Not for me. I wanted the CCS with standard buffer and spring.
Anyway, I purchased the SB tactical which was partnered with Maxim in development fitted to a PSA loaded lower for $320 shipped to my local guy. That's less than either brace in any catalog.

In the interest of full disclosure... I sold my .300BO Saint to a friend recently. He can be assured that my effing memory of what friend I sold it to is already wiped clean. It's hell gettin' old. I'll probably forget who else I end up selling the rest to in the next few days. I think I'll just keep an old shotgun and a Heritage .22 revolver. I'm too old and senile to remember what I've done fron day to day. What a shame...

In the interest of full disclosure... I sold my .300BO Saint to a friend recently. He can be assured that my effing memory of what friend I sold it to is already wiped clean. It's hell gettin' old. I'll probably forget who else I end up selling the rest to in the next few days. I think I'll just keep an old shotgun and a Heritage .22 revolver. I'm too old and senile to remember what I've done fron day to day. What a shame...

No need for it to be an old shotgun. ;)

I feel you. Same thing is happening to me. Sold all the Springers shown in my avatar to somebody I know who had a CCW permit. As a result, no background was required. I even misplaced the money I got.

I just did a search on armslist, they're out there. Some gouging, some fairly priced. Spread out across the country. If it's what you want, new or used doesn't matter. Looks like there's a new unicorn.
Click on the link, it clearly says, discontinued
Wow, I have the Saint Edge Pistol, PDW and Evac, I didn't know I was buying collector items last year...

Back