testtest

NOAA Winter weather predictions for your area?

According to NOAA, I'm in the "About Equal" zone.
Halloween is just around the corner. That's usually the sign for us. We hand out candy sitting out in the driveway. If you have to wear a heavy coat, its likely to be a bad winter. Shirt sleeves or a light jacket, not so much.
So far its looking like maybe a sweater. ;)
Here in S. Utah supposed to be a wet and cold winter. We are almost rural and have the infamous “trunk or treat”, where kids run frantically from one car to another, get the goodies, then get back in the car to go to the next spot and do again…

Here in S. Utah supposed to be a wet and cold winter. We are almost rural and have the infamous “trunk or treat”, where kids run frantically from one car to another, get the goodies, then get back in the car to go to the next spot and do again…
we used to set up the trailer to haul kids and parents around the community with hay and lights, etc and stop at pre designated houses of fun with lots of candy and spooky stuff , plus cool stuff for the little ones, then all eet back at the clubhouse for games with the kids and food
it was so neat...then some body complained the hauler trailer was unsafe and we stopped doing it

kids had a blast, and tossed hay all over and sang and smiled and smiled

we used to set up the trailer to haul kids and parents around the community with hay and lights, etc and stop at pre designated houses of fun with lots of candy and spooky stuff , plus cool stuff for the little ones, then all eet back at the clubhouse for games with the kids and food
it was so neat...then some body complained the hauler trailer was unsafe and we stopped doing it

kids had a blast, and tossed hay all over and sang and smiled and smiled
My wife not two hours ago was traipsing up and down the street in an inflatable T-Rex costume. All the little kids were following her around. It was great.

that nearly 6 inches we got a few weeks ago...just vanished into the the soil . we normally would have had puddles, but it was like earth just sucked it up and dried.. it was scary dry
We had a similar situation here in SoDak about 10 days ago where we got a couple days worth of rain, maybe an inch and a half when all was said and done. Not a lot by any stretch of the imagination, but more than we have had at one time for a long, long time and the next day you could hardly tell it even rained. The creek that runs by my place will usually start running pretty good after that much rain but it was still bone dry.

Per NOAA, things don't very favorable for a lot of snow for us and we are at the point where we need all the moisture we can get.

Last edited:
Hi,

1698265299335.jpeg

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

First winter snow on the valley bottom this morning with ~2", and temps below 32.

Low temps at or below 20 into next week, with highs going above 32 by the weekend.

Good tracking snow for elk/deer season this year. May need to break out the snow camo.

Last edited:
i said in # 31, that i was wanting to wash/wax the cars this weekend, i did them today....

i went to the club, and took my S&W MP 45, and 2 boxes of reloads......spent like 45 minutes there. did a couple of errands, came home and got to work on the cars.......

temp is about 75..!!

so, vacuuming, washing, then applying the polish with the car still wet (per directions), its a polymer polish, and i do this 2 times each year.....

so now, both cars have some fresh protection from the upcoming winter weather....

i forgot how much polish i had left, but thankfully, enough to do both cars.

now...IT IS......nap time, i'm beat.

Looks like I was a bit premature in my guess. Its 80 degrees right now. But a front is coming this weekend and they're predicting by Halloween the high will be 50 degrees. o_O
Gonna be a chilly night for trick or treating. And possibly a long, cold winter. :(

Looks like I was a bit premature in my guess. Its 80 degrees right now. But a front is coming this weekend and they're predicting by Halloween the high will be 50 degrees. o_O
Gonna be a chilly night for trick or treating. And possibly a long, cold winter. :(
same here...but Sunday the temps will drop the the mid-50's..

that polish i use works best when the temps are at least in the 60's...

so, taking advantage today, gives me a weekend for other stuff.

same here...but Sunday the temps will drop the the mid-50's..

that polish i use works best when the temps are at least in the 60's...

so, taking advantage today, gives me a weekend for other stuff.
which now, the wife just told me the kitchen ceiling light/fan switch just came outta the switch, and she handed it to me....(the pull chain and it is COMPLETELY outta the switch...!!)

oh joy, i get to play electrician..........

the fun never ends.

this is why we husbands die before our wives....

WE. WANT. OUT........!!!!!!

Back