testtest

Not too surprised by this. (sadly)

If the same series of events that occurred on the set of “Rust” happened on the set of a film student’s low budget western I’m fairly certain that the outcome would be different for the unknown actor that fired the shot from what he thought was a cold gun.
That is the problem. Then again, I am a cynic and firm believer there are different rules for different people.

If the same series of events that occurred on the set of “Rust” happened on the set of a film student’s low budget western I’m fairly certain that the outcome would be different for the unknown actor that fired the shot from what he thought was a cold gun.
That is the problem. Then again, I am a cynic and firm believer there are different rules for different people.
There are different rules for different people.

IMO, every court case in America should have the defendant behind a barrier or in a room. No real voice or person can be seen by the jury.

Everyone is “defendant A”.
Jury has no clue if its a man or woman. Color, nationality or other.
All the know is someone is on trial accused of doing”X”.
No clue if its John Doe or OJ Simpson.
The prosecution is the same way. No clue who is accusing defendant “A”. Could be john doe, walmart or OJ Simpson.

Ok. Then why did the actor who shot Brandon Lee never get charged ? I don’t even know who that was. Certainly way less fame than Alec Baldwin. So if anything Baldwin got charged because of who he was not the other way around.

Unless anyone can give me examples of lesser known, less connected actors being charged in a similar situation ? Hell, how about an example of ANYONE ever being charged in a similar situation?

Ok. Then why did the actor who shot Brandon Lee never get charged ? I don’t even know who that was. Certainly way less fame than Alec Baldwin. So if anything Baldwin got charged because of who he was not the other way around.

Unless anyone can give me examples of lesser known, less connected actors being charged in a similar situation ? Hell, how about an example of ANYONE ever being charged in a similar situation?
Excellent point. I do not know if he was charged or not, or if anyone on the set of the Lee movie was held responsible. Maybe someone was but I don't know.
I do not have any examples of anyone being charged in a similar situation but it would not be beyond belief if people were charged in a similar situation.

There are different rules for different people.

IMO, every court case in America should have the defendant behind a barrier or in a room. No real voice or person can be seen by the jury.

Everyone is “defendant A”.
Jury has no clue if its a man or woman. Color, nationality or other.
All the know is someone is on trial accused of doing”X”.
No clue if its John Doe or OJ Simpson.
The prosecution is the same way. No clue who is accusing defendant “A”. Could be john doe, walmart or OJ Simpson.

In theory, that makes sense, until you look at a lot of todays evidence is video…gonna show the accuser’s face in that.

Also, witnesses are usually called to identify the accused in court.

Excellent point. I do not know if he was charged or not, or if anyone on the set of the Lee movie was held responsible. Maybe someone was but I don't know.
I do not have any examples of anyone being charged in a similar situation but it would not be beyond belief if people were charged in a similar situation.
The Brandon Lee shooting was totally accidental.

The official timeline is that they loaded the gun with verified dummy rounds so that they could take film of the front of the gun which was a revolver showing the bullets of the cartridges in the cylinder.

When they unloaded the gun a defective dummy cartridge came apart and left a bullet in the forcing cone of the revolver.

They filmed the second scene with blanks and ended up accidentally shooting Brandon Lee

Besides they were setting up the camera angles for the scene, that is? Directors/cinematographers often stand in the place of the camera while they set up the scene; it’s a lot easier than moving equipment around time and time again.
To be fair, everything I've heard indicates that he was playing with the gun. There's certainly no reason for that.

Also, if I understand it correctly she was standing behind a camera when he shot her

even if they were setting the scene to avoid moving cameras...and they used a HUMAN as a camera
then why did he not USE his HAND as a stand in for the pistol?
baldwins company is part of production team?

another assssshhat is liam nesson , he goes on tv and news stating there are to many guns in america and we have a problem,
yet try to name one movie he has made that was absent of guns or murdering by gun in his hands

bottom line is easy
NO LIVE ammo should not be ever allowed on a production set for movies etc.
armorer, production staff, actors, gaffers, etc are all responsible to ensure no live ammo is on set,
if they want to do firing range stuff off duty..go to a range . not on the set . this set things in motion to accidentally allow live ammo getting in the mix
and with todays unreal engine video ...they dont need a prop that makes noise or flash. . use a plastic slug replica.

even if they were setting the scene to avoid moving cameras...and they used a HUMAN as a camera
then why did he not USE his HAND as a stand in for the pistol?
baldwins company is part of production team?

another assssshhat is liam nesson , he goes on tv and news stating there are to many guns in america and we have a problem,
yet try to name one movie he has made that was absent of guns or murdering by gun in his hands

bottom line is easy
NO LIVE ammo should not be ever allowed on a production set for movies etc.
armorer, production staff, actors, gaffers, etc are all responsible to ensure no live ammo is on set,
if they want to do firing range stuff off duty..go to a range . not on the set . this set things in motion to accidentally allow live ammo getting in the mix
and with todays unreal engine video ...they dont need a prop that makes noise or flash. . use a plastic slug replica.
Again—because you can’t seem to wrap your head around this—AB probably assumed that it was not a real gun.

And it’s also quite likely that the scene required a shot if the gun being pointed directly at the camera…they need to see how the lighting is on the gun, etc, etc…

Again—because you can’t seem to wrap your head around this—AB probably assumed that it was not a real gun.

And it’s also quite likely that the scene required a shot if the gun being pointed directly at the camera…they need to see how the lighting is on the gun, etc, etc…
we just have to not agree
he most likely knew it was a real gun.
we will never know for sure

The Brandon Lee shooting was totally accidental.

The official timeline is that they loaded the gun with verified dummy rounds so that they could take film of the front of the gun which was a revolver showing the bullets of the cartridges in the cylinder.

When they unloaded the gun a defective dummy cartridge came apart and left a bullet in the forcing cone of the revolver.

They filmed the second scene with blanks and ended up accidentally shooting Brandon Lee
The Rust shooting was totally accidental too. ;)

As Producer, he will be on the accountable list, along with the Armorer and the Assistant who handed him the gun and told him it was safe. At least in Civil if not Criminal Court. If the Screen Actors Guild Firearm Safety Rules are followed to the letter, none of these tragic incidents would happen. Unfortunately, in this case, they were likely disregarded, cutting corners to save moneyer lack of supervision. :(

For more info, visit https://www.sagaftra.org/ on the web and search Firearm Safety Bulletins

Edit to add link

Last edited:
The prosecution said they had new evidence that they were looking into and didn’t want to charge a lower crime if a higher one was committed. Thus they withdrew the charges so they have options in the future. Now that could be all BS.
From what I just heard the prosecutor and prosecution team is new after the first prosecution team withdrew and handed the case off.
Charges were dropped by the new team.

This could be a new team that was requested by AB’s defense lawyers to basically deflect blame.

Inconsistent information abounds. One source reported the revolver had been destroyed in testing. Saw a different article today that said the gun had been "modified," the trigger mechanism was damaged, and that could fire without the trigger being pulled. Follow the money.

Back