testtest

Novice Hellcat Pro Review

bllefkay

Operator
Background - 62 years old, just back into the game with handguns, last regular shooting was in mid 80’s, no rifles! Obviously, a lot of cool stuff happened since then with unfamiliar lingo, i.e. printing, purchase, etc…, lol. Anyway, love the gun accept the trigger is goofy even after Apex upgrade along with polishing - kinda a like 2 walls (got to be aware of it) if you’re target shooting to impress friends. Guess what I’m saying is there seems to be a lot of play before firing, 1/8” probably. Gun fits perfectly in my hands, love the size and capacity though. It’s a great home defense, concealed carry weapon because of it’s stock sights, please debate, thanks!

My girlie hand!

Attachments

• 1F8D0C00-EA11-4F42-BCF1-FAD928876754.png
    1F8D0C00-EA11-4F42-BCF1-FAD928876754.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Can’t post vid of trigger pull, sorry, site won’t do it, gotta be a way, right?

Last edited:
The Hellcat striker is cocked as you pull the trigger. You need that trigger pull movement to put the striker under tension. When the trigger pushes the striker back enough the trigger bar is pushed down releasing the striker.

First non 1911 style, yes!
It takes some getting used to. Unlike a 1911 you have to take up the slack until you get to that wall on the first shot. Kind of like a 2 stage trigger in an AR. Don't just press all the way through at once. Draw, press through the overtravel to the wall, check sight picture, breathe, press. After the shot when you take the pressure off the trigger, feel for the reset and stop there instead of going all the way forward with the trigger.

I don’t shoot the 9mm platform anymore and never liked the HellCat, just to small for my larger than average sized hands.
That being said practice practice practice.
The Hellcat Pro is bigger, big enough to fit large hands. Well, I guess depending on what you call large. I have a very large span, long fingers. I can palm a basketball easily. However, I don't have fat, meaty hands.

For trigger, definitely no comparison to a 1911. Of all the striker fired guns I have fired, I really only shot one with a good trigger, the regular Springfield XD.

I don't really like the Hellcat Pro's trigger, but I really don't like striker fired guns. I shoot Glocks quite a bit (duty weapon) so I am used to junk triggers, though

The Hellcat Pro is bigger, big enough to fit large hands. Well, I guess depending on what you call large. I have a very large span, long fingers. I can palm a basketball easily. However, I don't have fat, meaty hands.

For trigger, definitely no comparison to a 1911. Of all the striker fired guns I have fired, I really only shot one with a good trigger, the regular Springfield XD.

I don't really like the Hellcat Pro's trigger, but I really don't like striker fired guns. I shoot Glocks quite a bit (duty weapon) so I am used to junk triggers, though
It’s good news that the HellCat Pro is bigger for larger hands however with the amount of people buying either HellCat model and complaining about it I am honestly not interested in buying either one.

It’s good news that the HellCat Pro is bigger for larger hands however with the amount of people buying either HellCat model and complaining about it I am honestly not interested in buying either one.
Fair enough. One of our trainers had an original Hellcat and sold it because he couldn't get a good group with it. And dude can shoot.
I have never shot the regular Hellcat so I can't speak on that.
I will say the Hellcat Pro is not a bullseye shooter. I don't regret buying it, it's a great carry gun and I am confident I could make all rounds hit a toros in a statistically normal self defense situation.
The trigger ain't great, but it's no worse than a factory Glock trigger

Fair enough. One of our trainers had an original Hellcat and sold it because he couldn't get a good group with it. And dude can shoot.
I will say the Hellcat Pro is not a bullseye shooter. I don't regret buying it, it's a great carry gun and I am confident I could make all rounds hit a toros in a statistically normal self defense situation.
Also fair enough, I will never fault anyone for buying and shooting what works for them. Isn’t that what it’s all about?
For me it’s the XD-M line of SA Firearms, they fit my hands, my grip and my lifestyle, “for me” they are perfect shooting handguns just the way they are made from the factory.

The bottom line; to each their own.

Same feelings about my Pro!

I recently purchased a Pro, changed the trigger and couldn't be happier. No complaints now and agree with your assessments on bullseye gun and EDC. I am able to execute (what I consider defensive range) reliable accuracy, carry 16rds, plus feel confident and comfortable.

Back