testtest

NRA Board Fails to Take Corrective Action

Recusant

Hellcat
It appears that the hole the NRA is in just keeps getting deeper. When will the Board step up and take significant actions to root out any hint of corruption or malfeasance.

It appears that the hole the NRA is in just keeps getting deeper. When will the Board step up and take significant actions to root out any hint of corruption or malfeasance.

I hear several on the board are his cronies and are supposedly abusing the funds like WLP. They stick together to defeat any removal attempts, so I’ve heard.

Sad, that this one time great pro gun organization is going like it is, after reading more on this, I don't feel as guilty of canceling my membership this week.
I’ve halted contributions as well. I’m also curious on the reason for the meeting’s cancellation. Is it truly because of Covid as they mentioned, or is it because they heard/saw ballots, that indicated WLP an Co., could be voted out (or similarly, warrants or summons were issued for WLP and other board members). As I mentioned in another thread, USCCA’s convention is still on for Oct. 1-3 in Ft. Worth this year. If Covid is such a concern in Texas to cancel conventions, then USCCA, I would think would have followed suit and canceled theirs.

I did not want to let my NRA membership expire, but I could not support the organization while WLP was in a leadership role. I would re-join immediately if the Board removed WLP, and I've seen numerous comments from other former members saying the same thing. The fact that the Board continues to support WLP makes me feel much better about my decision. I have since joined or donated to the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF), the Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC), and the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA). I keep hoping that the NRA can turn things around, but it's not looking too good.

Haven't like the NRA for years. FPC are my guys.
The biggest problem I have is they don't support the second amendment; they support gun ownership. Two different things in my book. They also go along to get along.

FPC on the other hand are trying to restore rights to adults deprived of their rights (anyone under 21 not able to get a handgun or even a long gun in some places).

Haven't like the NRA for years. FPC are my guys.
The biggest problem I have is they don't support the second amendment; they support gun ownership. Two different things in my book. They also go along to get along.

FPC on the other hand are trying to restore rights to adults deprived of their rights (anyone under 21 not able to get a handgun or even a long gun in some places).
This is bullshit dude. I’ve been a life member for 30 plus years. If it wasn’t for the NRA you would use your gun at the range if you were lucky and nowhere else. There sure as hell wouldn’t be any RTC going on in this country.
It’s one thing to question the current leadership, which we all do, but you need to kill your TV. You guys keep up this shite and YOU will be the ones to achieve what Hillary and other anti gun politicians never could. Silencing the NRA and gun owners. If you think anyone in Congress is afraid of the FPC or the GOA, you’re on some good drugs.

“Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water” applies here. The NRA can be fixed if we don’t give up.
Hopefully the court will see fit to allow a conservatorship to run the organization instead until changes can be made. Changes could include removing the current board of directors and leadership, then creating a working group of members to rewrite the bylaws allowing for elections of board members and corporate leadership positions that truly serve the membership. In addition, corporate processes and a code of ethics that preclude any future corrupt practices at the top.

Now that the allegations against WLP and his cronies have been made public but the organization is failing to take corrective action and remove them from their positions in the organization they are sending a message that they feel they are better then the law that they have sworn to defend. The bottom line is they are now a ghost of the power they once held due to their own corruption.

Well we all can have our opinions. Saying they are a ghost of the power they once held is a little inaccurate though. They are still the most powerful 2A lobby in the country. So if they're a ghost, what does that make GOA and the other groups. Meanwhile liberals like Hillary and Bloomberg are happy as pigs in shite that gun owners are doing their work for them. If you think the dissolution of the NRA won't make it 1000 times worse in this country for gun owners you are fixing to type a scathing response to this post from a mental institution.

Understand, I think the whole thing with WLP needs to see the light of day. A bunch of people making accusations is not proof of anything. It needs to all come out and be dealt with above board. If WLP broke any laws or misused NRA resources it needs to be proven and dealt with by the board and the courts. I also support these other gun groups. Financially and in spirit. I do however find it more than a little funny to see people here complain about the NRA contacting them asking for money and at the same time giving the GOA a pass. Those dudes send me 3-4 emails a day. USCCA sends a bunch too. Meanwhile, me, a long time NRA life member in good standing can't recall the last time they contacted me for anything. And I don't recall ever getting an email from them.

I agree, we all have our opinions on this, but you have to look at some of the stuff going on with them with an open mind, a good portion on the board members we voted for have resigned, well known people, so there is something going on, I am not against the NRA, I canceled my membership cause I can’t support them until they get these issues worked out. I was a faithful member since I was 21, I may in the future be a member again, I have not talked or said anything negative about them, just I can’t support them right now. Also, I received many emails and letters, but if you log into your account you can uncheck the stuff you don’t want.

I am completely open minded and I am reasonably certain something IS going on. Still, WLP deserves his day in court and he should get it. I just don't want to see the organization go down with him and before I would be willing to resign my membership or condemn WLP I need to see proof. Internet gun forum rumors and board members resigning isn't really proof brother. I notice a lot of well known, very respected board members didn't resign. It seems to me that most of the accusations being made against WLP have been made by NY's district attorney who campaigned on taking the NRA down.

And for the record, I don't begrudge anyone who feels the need to resign or withhold support or whatever. I'm just pointing out the ramifications of it. Personally I need more than some guys I never met on an internet board's ( no offense) word for it.

Back