testtest

NRA Convention Indianapolis, Indiana April 14-16 (Benefactor Member)

USMC1911

Elite

NRA Convention Indianapolis, Indiana. Hoping for a better turnout than last year. Anyone going this year? They say membership is down.

Attachments

• D5B540CE-1C4C-492F-9941-ABAD19DF2F84.jpeg
    D5B540CE-1C4C-492F-9941-ABAD19DF2F84.jpeg
    790 KB · Views: 72
I am planning on attending.

For anyone considering attending:
Other things to see in Indy

Indiana has a rich history of war memorials. Indianapolis alone hosts more war memorials that any other city in the United States except Washington, D C.

Indiana War Memorial – Indiana War Memorials Foundation

The Soldiers and Sailors Monument | War Memorials of Indiana
1678647643452.png

National Medal of Honor Memorial

Medal of Honor Memorial – Indiana War Memorials Foundation

Medal of Honor Memorial – Indianapolis | War Memorials of Indiana
1678647704755.png

Indiana 9/11 Memorial – Indiana War Memorials Foundation
1678647759394.png

Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum

HOME - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum (imsmuseum.org)

If you head to Speedway other places to see on Main Street-

Dallara Factory Dallara Indycar Factory

If want to drive fast- there is Speedway Indoor Karting owned by Indy 500 Driver Sarah Fisher.

Speedway Indoor Karting (sikindy.com)

Places to eat- downtown Indy

St. Elmo Steak House has been a landmark in downtown Indianapolis since 1902. It is the oldest Indianapolis steakhouse in its original location, and has earned a national reputation for its excellent steaks, seafood, chops and professional service.

St. Elmo Steak House | Indianapolis, IN (stelmos.com)

Since 1905, four generations of Shapiros have been making quality meals for our family and friends in the United States.

Home - Over 100 Years of Tradition - Shapiro's Delicatessen (shapiros.com)

I always have a great time. I know some people have issues with the NRA, but I really enjoy the Convention. Always meet some great people from all over the country. I enjoy the classes they have and speaking to the representatives from the different gun manufactures

As with most all of massive public outings, I don’t intend on attending even though this years NRA Conv. is a mere 3 hrs away. Good place to check out the latest offerings from the suppliers.
But crowds and enclosed spaces aren’t for me.

Knowing a thing or two about trade associations and fraternal groups, memberships do suffer from scandal when it comes to how management doles out executive perks that are controlled by long entrenched executive staff. One way to drum up business (membership dues, etc) is to stay focused on the issues at hand, and overcome negative image.

As for the Giffords. Org (link), the data is likely inaccurate or even all-out baloney. They are in no way in a position to compare their ”membership” to NRA membership rosters, but they do have a very liberal spending allocation that includes big salaries, travel, community organizing. Pretty much they spend every dollar as it comes in… on what is another story. So Gifford is only rattling their donors and sympathizers with that press release.

The bulk of their budget revenue is solely acquired from other likeminded donor class foundations, anti2A business partnerships…and even Fed grants, not much comes from the ordinary citizen, based on 2020 annual report, individual contributions are about 0.3% of their entire annual income of $3.5 million.

Sure, NRA needs to clean up the frivolous spending mess as would any organization that depends on their membership to do the funding. Transparency is foremost and any matter of management in-fighting needs to be sorted out. The NRA will recover from any loss of membership.

I’m and hour west of Indianapolis so I will be there.

Taking a friend that transplanted here from New York City and has already acquired a Walther PDP and an AR.
It seems like Indiana is Gun Friendly. Looks like they honor all other State permits. I usually travel with my firearm. Usually the NRA will post something in regards to carrying at the Convention Center.

It seems like Indiana is Gun Friendly. Looks like they honor all other State permits. I usually travel with my firearm. Usually the NRA will post something in regards to carrying at the Convention Center.
Not to get off topic however

Actually (I feel anyway) Indiana is more gun friendly than Texas. In 2018 ish we passed a law that one is immune from any civil lawsuit but the suspect, thug etc themselves or their family IF 1 it was a lawful shooting or 2 in the case of an overzealous prosecutor you are acquitted no worries.

This can about when a civilian shot and killed a thug that was trying to kill an Indiana Conservation Officer. She was justified but Thugs family tried to sue her but thankfully were unsuccessful.

Indiana Pro 2A attorney Guy Reliford worked with state legislators to make it happen!

Below is a link to the story and for Guy Relifords weekly radio show. Most should find interesting

Last edited:
I'll be there, if for no other reason that to attempt to voice my displeasure with WLP and his assorted cronies and to plead (if so allowed) for him to do the right thing and quit. More than likely they will find someway to prevent that as they have done since the last time the meeting was in Indy.

At least we will have a chance to catch up with old friends who will also be attending.

NRA Convention Indianapolis, Indiana. Hoping for a better turnout than last year. Anyone going this year? They say membership is down.
i wish i could go to ANY show, gun, NRA, USCCA, GOA, GSSF, etc...

just physically impossible for me

if you go, have a great time, and post some pics.

i wish i could go to ANY show, gun, NRA, USCCA, GOA, GSSF, etc...

just physically impossible for me

if you go, have a great time, and post some pics.
Thank you. I will post plenty of pictures. I’m looking forward to seeing Jack Wilson from the Texas Church Shooting. I met him at a SIG Event in New Hampshire. He is one of the nicest person I ever met. He said he is always at the Conventions.

Attachments

• 261E9869-6E90-4D3B-9ACC-B8D78C529D67.jpeg
    261E9869-6E90-4D3B-9ACC-B8D78C529D67.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
Voter Verification
All members authorized to vote MUST have their membership verified in the Voter Verification Room, located in room 127 of the Indiana Convention Center.

Thursday, April 13 - 2:00pm to 6:00pm
Friday, April 14 - 8:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday, April 15 - 8:00am to 4:00pm*

*or the adjournment of the Annual Meeting of Members - whichever is later.

If you are Planning on Attending on Friday April 14th, some updated information to know:

Firearms will NOT be allowed at the event, and the NRA says gun storage will not be available within the facility.

“U.S. Secret Service will control security within Hall A of the Indiana Convention Center and require attendees of the forum to be screened through magnetometers before entry. You will be subject to a search of your person and belongings,” wrote the NRA on the event’s website.

The following items will be prohibited, per the U.S. Secret Service:

• Aerosols
  • Ammunition
  • Backpacks
  • Bags larger than 18″x13″x7″
  • Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems
  • Firearms
  • Glass, Thermal, or Metal Containers
  • Gun Parts, Holsters, Magazines, etc
  • Knives
  • Laser Pointers
  • Mace/Pepper Spray
  • Selfie Sticks
  • Signs
  • Toy guns
  • Umbrellas
  • Weapons of any kind
Attendees are also encouraged to leave any bags at home to help speed up the security process.

Sen. Mike Braun, Rep. Jim Jordan and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem are also expected to speak at the forum during the three-day convention.

Last edited:
If you are Planning on Attending on Friday April 14th, some updated information to know:

Firearms will NOT be allowed at the event, and the NRA says gun storage will not be available within the facility.

“U.S. Secret Service will control security within Hall A of the Indiana Convention Center and require attendees of the forum to be screened through magnetometers before entry. You will be subject to a search of your person and belongings,” wrote the NRA on the event’s website.

• Aerosols
  • Ammunition
  • Backpacks
  • Firearms
  • Knives
  • Laser Pointers
  • Mace/Pepper Spray
  • Selfie Sticks
  • Signs
  • Toy guns
  • Umbrellas
  • Weapons of any kind
Attendees are also encouraged to leave any bags at home to help speed up the security process.

Sen. Mike Braun, Rep. Jim Jordan and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem are also expected to speak at the forum during the three-day convention.
Clothing optional........

• Aerosols
  • Ammunition
  • Backpacks
  • Firearms
  • Knives
  • Laser Pointers
  • Mace/Pepper Spray
  • Selfie Sticks
  • Signs
  • Toy guns
  • Umbrellas
  • Weapons of any kind

Thank You. Might be easier to leave it home or in the hotel room.

Back