testtest

Obtained Large Cache of Small Pistol Primers

markr6754

Elite
Founding Member
I woke up this morning, scrolled through Facebook and saw a post “SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS BACK IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!”
Thought they were probably sold out by now. Called, grabbed my wife and granddaughter and lit out.

Would you believe...no limit...and...they gave me a veteran’s discount without me asking.

Locked & Loaded Ammunition, LLC in Franklin, Ohio.

Attachments

• BEA62AF7-25F2-4F31-91E9-E0D16212093D.jpeg
    BEA62AF7-25F2-4F31-91E9-E0D16212093D.jpeg
    341.4 KB · Views: 3,203
  • 5B3427DB-8BB3-4C28-8D1A-8CF80BD6946D.jpeg
    5B3427DB-8BB3-4C28-8D1A-8CF80BD6946D.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 4,091
Last time I purchased small pistol primer's they were around $23.00 a thousand-now they are getting 10x that in on line sale's-that's just ridiculamus-I mean stupid😵
I haven't been able to get any of the Sportsman's Warehouse primers, which have been on sale for about that price. But my final cost from Locked & Loaded was $34.53/brick after taxes. They gave me 10% off as a veteran. Last month I paid an average $41.87/brick for Federal SP Match and Federal SP Magnum primers, which was all the SPP they had in stock.

For current situation, I'm content. Not happy...content. Hopefully, I won't need to hit the internet auctions for more. I think I'd just shoot my .300 Blackout...I am pretty set for that.

No, I took a sampling of each brand I was interested in. Even with no minimums I wouldn't do that. In fact, my aim was much smaller, but my wife kept telling me to get more. As I finished checking out, she brought 2 more bricks over.

Nonetheless, they had much more than I bought...but I did dent the stacks.
I was just making a joke. Nowadays you have to get what you can when you can.

I have only used Federal and CCI. IMO they both are the best!
I pretty much purged my small pistol primers to all CCI, then I started having sporadic light primer strikes and failures to ignite, all seemingly tied to striker fired pistols. I’ve enjoyed decades of shooting enjoyment...why on earth did I add striker fired semis to my arsenal.

Anyway, that’s the idea behind my plethora of SPP brands. Theoretically, Federal is softest, and best choice for my situation. I’m open to try. Anecdotally, CCI has the hardest primer cups.

My local reloading shop finally got small pistol magnum primers back in. They have limits per sale but I got as much as I could. In a certain way the scavenger hunt for materials is a little fun. It makes it so much more exciting when you finally find what you're looking for without spending $200+ for a gross of primers on some online auction.

Sometimes they just appear. The only Vihtavuori stocking dealer in the area had no N320, I asked them to add 4lb jugs to their order, but they told me the warehouse pretty much sends what they want based on prior sales. Anyway, they called and let me know N320 came in, but only 1lb bottles. I asked about primers...no, no small primers in the store. Decided since it’s been 2 years since I’ve bought N320, despite the high price for 1#, $39.75, I’d better stop in (45 minutes away). Awesome...3 bottles on the shelf, limit 2, I grabbed 2. Turned my head...5 bricks of Winchester small pistol magnum all by their lonesome. I generally have no need for small magnum primers, but I’ve shot them before, small reduction in load, they shoot just fine. I picked up the 1 brick. Price was less than I paid for the discounted WSP I bought on Saturday. So...just gotta decide, if I see, I’m buying! I hope to avoid shipping and Hazmat on powder and primers.

Sometimes they just appear. The only Vihtavuori stocking dealer in the area had no N320, I asked them to add 4lb jugs to their order, but they told me the warehouse pretty much sends what they want based on prior sales. Anyway, they called and let me know N320 came in, but only 1lb bottles. I asked about primers...no, no small primers in the store. Decided since it’s been 2 years since I’ve bought N320, despite the high price for 1#, $39.75, I’d better stop in (45 minutes away). Awesome...3 bottles on the shelf, limit 2, I grabbed 2. Turned my head...5 bricks of Winchester small pistol magnum all by their lonesome. I generally have no need for small magnum primers, but I’ve shot them before, small reduction in load, they shoot just fine. I picked up the 1 brick. Price was less than I paid for the discounted WSP I bought on Saturday. So...just gotta decide, if I see, I’m buying! I hope to avoid shipping and Hazmat on powder and primers.
That's where I'm at, too. I don't reload anything with a standard SPP, but I do reload .357 so I snap up the SPMP if I find them. Thankfully I already have more than a few LRP, LPP, and LPMP. All my powders have been surprisingly easy to find at my local store.

Back