testtest

Optic plate price

$60 to $129. Next time I talk with SA I will ask and post their reply here.
We’ve been complaining about the crappy deal on optics plates since day 1. The gun came with a plate that virtually no one wanted and then charged $69 for plates that weren’t even in stock. Meanwhile the $1500 Walther Q5SF came with a free plate of your choice and as mentioned the Canik came with 5. My IWI Masada that cost less than $400 came with four plates.

The reason SA put the price of the plates up is because they can. It’s not like they’re made of unobtanium or it’s a market correction. Frankly, the cost of optic plates across the market is a racket.

Come on guys? The original question was asking about the Prodigy optic plate price increase, how does "my Canik came with 5 plates" or "my Q5 came with 3 or 4" help the original poster?

Does anyone have an answer as to why the Prodigy optic plate prices have more than doubled?

Thanks,
Victor
Come on man we are members on a forum not Springfield corporate executives.

I doubt if the people answering the phone at SA will have a clue as to the prices. you will have to talk to the upper echelon to get an answer. I have said for a while i wish SA would include the plates. i would be willing to pay extra. but not 60 to 129 extra each.

With that said, every handgun i have bought that was optic ready had the plates with it.

From Springfield:

Hello,

Looks like due to increased manufacturing and materials costs there has been a price increase
Guys I didn’t start this thread because I needed “help” as was mentioned. Just making a comment. Luckily I have 2 DPP’s and Natchez has those plates in stock at a great price and have them ordered.

From Springfield:

Guys I didn’t start this thread because I needed “help” as was mentioned. Just making a comment. Luckily I have 2 DPP’s and Natchez has those plates in stock at a great price and have them ordered.
In other words, thanks Corn Pop!
Good price on the mags too BTW, and in stock apparently, thanks for mentioning Natchez, never ordered from them!

Just noticed a very useful table with various plates/RDS combinations. Looks like the A13B which is the one I believe shipped with the Prodigy would allow some Vortex, Burris and CT too!
I have the Vortex Viper on mine with the plate it came with and I love it. Very nice little sight.

Would have preferred a side or top mount battery but not having to pay for a plate and getting the Viper on Palmetto for $90, I couldn't say no.

I have the Vortex Viper on mine with the plate it came with and I love it. Very nice little sight.

Would have preferred a side or top mount battery but not having to pay for a plate and getting the Viper on Palmetto for $90, I couldn't say no.
Do you have a pic of it?

Good to hear! I am on the fence between Hex Dragonfly and the Vortex Viper. Then the next question is MOA... Dragonfly is 3.5MOA while Viper is 3 or 6, too many choices!

I missed the PSA killer deal, $90 is just unbeatable... And a picture of your setup would be cool, we've seen millions of Prodigy with Dragonfly already, I'm curious to so how the Viper sits... Thanks!

Do you have a pic of it?
Sure do.
prodigy-magwell.jpg

20220914_161311.jpg

20220914_161422.jpg

Prices vary online from as low as $35 to $129. Problem is, nobody has it in stock except for SA. I wanted an SRO for mine so I bit the bullet and purchased from SA. I did get 15% off when I registered the pistol. That’ll pay for the 2nd day shipping at least.

From Springfield:

No way manufacturing costs and materials went up that high, ridiculous!

Back